Belly band for post c section

Discussion in 'Caesarean Section' started by sunshine2014, Aug 20, 2017.

1. sunshine2014

sunshine2014 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies,

For my first c section I wasn't given an abdominal binder, or belly band for recovery. I had a really tough time and constantly felt like my organs were shifting around whenever I moved. I've since hear that some hospitals give them, or people have ordered them - any suggestions? I'm hoping to get one but I'm not sure what to look for, or if it's worth it.

Thanks!

2. TTC First

TTC First Well-Known Member

I looked into it but never did get one. I only gained 22lbs in my pregnancy so I wasn't that big to start with. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

3. sunshine2014

The one I’m talking about isn’t for weight loss, apparently it helps protect everything and makes recovery easier.

4. Bonnie11

Bonnie11 Where's the Stork?

I'm in same boat! Looking to get one this time. I've heard good things about belly bandit but £££, much cheaper ones available but there are hundreds out there to choose from :shrug:

5. MEPride

MEPride Well-Known Member

I didn't use one... I didn't feel the need to. I used a pillow to put pressure on the area if I felt the need to cough or get up/move around. I always made sure to roll to my side when getting out of bed. But everyone's experience is unique. I was off all pain meds 4 days after surgery and going for walks outside about 6 days after surgery.my recovery was pretty easy (still technically recovering as I had mine 3 weeks ago).

6. sunshine2014

Glad to hear your recovery is going so well. I wasn’t so lucky last time and really suffers. I’ve got a band for this one and I’m hoping it’s as good as people say

7. Ersurgeongirl

Ersurgeongirl Trying for #2!

Ask for one while still in the hospital and it’s usually covered by insurance here in the US. They make a huge difference

8. love.peace

love.peace Mama to 4 blessings

I'm going to get a belly bandit this time as I'm sure it will help. I haven't used them post section before