Belly band for post c section

sunshine2014

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

For my first c section I wasn't given an abdominal binder, or belly band for recovery. I had a really tough time and constantly felt like my organs were shifting around whenever I moved. I've since hear that some hospitals give them, or people have ordered them - any suggestions? I'm hoping to get one but I'm not sure what to look for, or if it's worth it.

Thanks!

I looked into it but never did get one. I only gained 22lbs in my pregnancy so I wasn't that big to start with. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

The one I’m talking about isn’t for weight loss, apparently it helps protect everything and makes recovery easier.

I'm in same boat! Looking to get one this time. I've heard good things about belly bandit but £££, much cheaper ones available but there are hundreds out there to choose from :shrug:

I didn't use one... I didn't feel the need to. I used a pillow to put pressure on the area if I felt the need to cough or get up/move around. I always made sure to roll to my side when getting out of bed. But everyone's experience is unique. I was off all pain meds 4 days after surgery and going for walks outside about 6 days after surgery.my recovery was pretty easy (still technically recovering as I had mine 3 weeks ago).

Glad to hear your recovery is going so well. I wasn’t so lucky last time and really suffers. I’ve got a band for this one and I’m hoping it’s as good as people say

Ask for one while still in the hospital and it’s usually covered by insurance here in the US. They make a huge difference

I'm going to get a belly bandit this time as I'm sure it will help. I haven't used them post section before

I definitely swear by them, my first c-section was an emergency since my LO got stuck was very painful in regards to recovery and I ended up getting a belly band a couple days after, it made a huge difference! I made sure I had one available for my second LO and will be ensuring I have one for my current LO, the pressure really helps with jostling and sudden movements, so definitely get one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->