Belly bars

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by mumtobe01, Jan 23, 2011.

1. mumtobe01

mumtobe01 one perfect little boy!

I left my belly bar out for a week thinking it would be fine to give it a bit of a break as I had it peirced 10/11 years ago, went to put it back in and it had healed over!! :growlmad:
    I had to re peirce it by forcing the bar through and breaking the skin and OMG did it hurt!! :wacko:
    I have been cleaning it with salt water and savlon antibacterial solution will it be ok?

2. LadyHutch

LadyHutch HutchMom

Hmm, I took mine out and left it out last pregnancy...haven't looked back. Mine has been peirced about as long as yours.

NM: looks like you are taking care of it well to me =-)

3. scots_mum

scots_mum Expecting no2

I left mine in last pregnancy and there is a horrible scar now where it stretched not sure if that happens to everyone but just a wee warning

4. smithgirl

smithgirl Well-Known Member

Hmmmm I did this a few months ago, mine closed over in a few days. I re pierced it like you did, it was red and itchy for a few days and then bam, it was fine. Just keep cleaning it!

5. YoungMummy08

YoungMummy08 Prince,Princess & TTCing

your doing fine keep cleaning it & maybe change it to a plastic bar x

6. mumtobe01

mumtobe01 one perfect little boy!

Thankyou everyone, I have got some plastic bars ready but need to cut them down slightly and have not got a threading tool so will get one of those and pop that in soon.
    They state only suitable for 'healed peircings' though and now that I had to re peirce it does that class it as a new peircing not a healed one?