• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Belly Button phobia!

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
I have a very weird phobia of belly buttons. Have always been freaked out by them.....funnily enough so is hubby which doesn't help! :rofl:

Well I'm getting a little freaked by my own belly button at the moment! It's suddenly got wider and shallower. I can see the skin flat on the bottom when it never used to be visible. I know this is just another sign that the bump is growing....but getting bit freaked out now.

Any idea on how this will progress? Anyone feeling the same? Anyone's doing this also (wasn't expecting this before about 16 weeks or so!)

Thanks for reading a weird thread! :rofl::hugs:

Hiya Hun, I think that our bodies change at their own pace and your belly button is changing fairly quickly. You are just unlucky that it is a part of the body you dont like which is changing first and you are prob more likely to notice the small changes than other people as you are so sensitive about it. I have to admit I can understand how freaked you feel. Although I dont mind belly buttons I dont like the idea of mine changing......... I am finding all the changes in my body difficult to accept as I hadn't expected any changes until about 12-14 weeks but here I am unable to fit into my clothes.

Thank you for replying....I must admit I feel a little childish but it really is one of my few foibles that I can't control.

I feel for you hun. I've been unable to fit into my jeans since 8 weeks and I'm down to 2 pairs of trackies and my size 14 work trousers.....that's it!!!! Roll on next tuesday when I can offiially go shopping (just my luck that I would be getting bigger sooner than expected when I have a really late dating scan! :rofl:

Thnaks again hun...I'm sure i'll grow to love it!

I totally hate belly buttons, i hate mine being touched, and the thought of it becoming an outy as the pregnancy progresses, ewwwwwwwwwww. i have heard that u can cover it up with tape or something which i will def be doing!!!!

As I read this I remembered seeing another post just like this in 2nd tri as well last night... https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/120689-bellybuttons.html

Mine started out like yours and never came out thank god lol I didnt like the idea of having an extra nipple lol

My OH has a fear of outies bless him. He's dreading the day when mine pops out! Altho, it didnt with my first so maybe it wont this time :D

My OH has a phobia of bellybuttons too, specifically he absolutely cannot handle his being touched, he can't even stand touching it himself to clean it and he can't handle looking at me touching my bellybutton (to annoy him!). Just wanted to post and say you're not alone with strange phobia!! No advice though i'm afraid!

Ha ha that made me giggle! Im not too fond of outies either! I suppose il be constantly be wearing a bump protector to hide it!

Well....I don't have a belly button problem lol...
I guess since my mom, my sister, and my daughter have outies, I'm used to them (My sister and my daughters had cord problems hence the outies...THERE IS NOTHING WONG WITH OUTIES lol they are just different )

But mine just goes flat...it doesnt pop out...my OH finds it very funny and I don't lol it looks weird lol
Mine is already stretching and I'm 13 weeks...

Haha, funny story about my OH (who has belly button phobia). We had first midwife appointment yesterday and OH was there. At the end she asked if either of us had any more questions. He asked 'will I get to cut the cord?'. She smiled and was obviously thinking 'sweet, an involved daddy' and said that he might be able to if there were no problems with mum or baby. So he launches into this explanation that he wants the baby to have an innie but not too much of an innie, there has to be a good balance, that the shape of the belly button is very important!!! Midwife was now looking at him like he was completely nuts and said it doesn't really work that way and he wouldn't be able to control it like that. He was like 'oh I'm not bothered so, you can cut it'! I just had to laugh at him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"