Belly button piercing tearing :-/

leahsbabybump

Mummy to 3
Reaction score
I had my belly button pierced years ago I do wear jewelry in there no more haven't for about 5 year since my bump has started to stretch my skin I have noticed like little cuts on the piece of skin that the bar goes through. When it first happened thought Maybee I scratched my self or something put stretchie cream on and it when after a few days now it's done it again :-/ is there any chance that this piece of skin can tear altogether or split or something im scared incase it splits bad and bleeds :-/ is there anything I can do to stop this happening?
Thanks x

Mine didn't tear, so hopefully it will be ok. I just put one of the plastic retainers in. They're only cheap from Argos. :hugs:

Hey hun, I have heard of peoples belly button piercings popping out, but not quite sure what this means.... my belly bars all started getting too small so i brought a maternity belly bar off ebay... its much longer and flexi plastic and my piercing seems to be doing great xx

It does sound like it stretching-keep it very moisturised to help x

I took mine out years ago but has now started to bleed and split slighty at the sides but have been putting tons of cream on it and seems to be helping

hey

mine has stretch marks coming from where the piercing was, is a bit scary! i keep thinking what if it rips

i had the bottom of my belly button pierced to and iti s doing the same thing just not as bad at my top piercing

i did have a plastic maternity bar in but it just got on my nerves, have tried again with it but i just think that might make it stretch more!!!! so left it out, and am gona leave it out!

I had a piercing in for 12 years, but took it out at about 12 weeks preg. The hole at the top seems to be getting bigger the bigger my bump gets and I think that if I get stetchmarks, it's going to be where the piercing is.

They don't warn you about this when they do the piercing!

I am terrified of stretchies and also of my belly button 'popping' - sounds like yours is stretching though hun.

If you took it out 5 years ago, is the hole still open? Or has it closed/healed?

I haven't worn a piercing in mine for a long time (6 years?) and it closed the same year I took it out. I have a scar there now that has started stretching, but nothing is tearing yet... (fingers crossed!) I use cocoa butter on it to keep it soft though... maybe that would help?

Good luck!

The whole is still there it never healed so the skin is streching and getting very thin and keeps looking as if it's going to split :-/ I'll just keep pileing my stretchie cream on n hope for best x

I have had mine pierced for about 9 years. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I have never taken mine out. I have bought the maternity ones off ebay everytime you can cut them to your own length and they come in lots of colors. I think i paid about $2.00 US money for it and thats pretty good lol. :)

Mine did split (with my first, got to about 38 weeks too), if I were you I'd take it out. It didnt actually hurt because by that stage the skin was completely dead, however i have been left with a scar, and scar tissue. I got it redone but was really painful because of the scar tissue xxxxx

I've had to take mine out completely, it became unbelievable sore even with the maternity bar in. I just run a bar through it to keep it open once a week and moisturise it daily. It is doing much better sans piercing.

Mine is red but not painful. Hope it goes back to normal afterwards! I have the flexible plastic hoop.

By the sounds of it, you don't wear the jewelry anymore do you? I took mine out towards the end of my last pregnancy (I had 3 holes along the top of my belly button). They stretched, but never ripped. Maybe put some moisturizer on them?? I've never heard of them tearing before, but I'm sure it's possible. Maybe ask your doctor, or call a piercing place? Maybe they have advice? Good luck, I hope they don't rip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->