Belly Button Piercings?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Following on from the "belly button thread" those of you with your belly button pierced what have you ended up doing with yours?

I put a maternity bar in but its gradually been getting a little sore, so tonight i've just taken it out, dont want it to close up though :(

How long have you had it in for? It shouldn't heal if it's been there a few years - especially so close to the end now. You could always pop it back in for half an hour every night - just to keep the hole open?

I've taken mine out already as it was annoying me. I've had mine for about 10 years though and left it out for 6 months before and it didn't heal up.
It was a little tight though and I found I had to push the bar through from the top first before I could put it in from the bottom. Make sure you fully clean the bar and area before putting it back in and be prepared it might go a little red and pusy. I tend to treat mine with tea tree oil diluted in water.

I put a maternity bar in at around 20 weeks and kept it throughout the entire pregnancy.
I have to say the hole is a bit stretched but I put the normal bar in now and it's as good as new :)

Just make sure you don't keep it out for long if you don't want it to close up.

I ended up taking mine out because it just kept on getting infected and sore. It has now closed up even though iv had it done for about 5years!!! :( It has stretched so much

Mine's still okay at the min although it looks stoopid!

I had mine done for about 10 years and it closed up really quickly. I had to take it out as it was becoming very sore. x

Seriously girls, try pushing the bar in from the top - mine will never go in from the bottom for some reason (after it's been out for a while).

I've had mine for about 8 years, i think i may keep putting a bar through now and then to try and keep it open. Guess it doesnt help that my belly button has popped out so its sitting at a funny angle

i got mine done about 2 yrs before my first and then took it out about 6mths or sooner with each pregnancy i have had(this is my 4th) and after i just put it back in. Mine never closed or got infected when i put it back in.

I've taken mine out, even with the maternity one it was too sore.
I pop it through every once in a while and it hasnt closed up, I've had it done for nearly 10 years tho.
Where its pierced tho looks discoloured/bruised?? Guess its just one of those things. x

I've taken mine out, but every so often keep putting my bar through. So it's not healed at all!! xx

My belly button started getting sore so i tuk the belly bar out for a few hours went to pt it back in and it had closed upp. x

Ive not had anything in my belly button now for about 5years now and i can still get a bar in it, one thing to be careful with though if you decided to leave it without a bar in is to make sure the hole doesnt get clogged up with soap, dead skin etc, mine does every so often and it makes it a bit sore. It gets a "worm" in it you know like your ears do when you have been without ear rings?
My god wot a rambling post...im not with it today! sorry!

Dont know why i always begrudge taking piercings out lol!!

I have still got my normal bar in and had no problems *touching wood*...... but my belly button is becoming an outtie so its poking out! but not sore or any thing xx

Mine is horrible :(

I had it done for 4 years and in my 1st pregnancy it grew out, my belly stretched so much it nearly pushed the bar through my skin so i took it out and it closed up. Now there is a horrible hole there and its all stretched rly bad! It doesnt look nice at all!!

Hi hun, took mine out a little while ago cuz it was sore keep putting one in occasionally to keep it open, looks so weird now tho...lol x x

Always left mine in....it's the surgical steel ring that was put there originally when I had it pierced 10 years ago....never removed it for any of my pregnancies:dohh:

Looks a sight with my big fat belly and stretchmarks though:blush:

I took mine out hun. And now its looks minging lol and has just stretched :(. I wish id kept it in now lol
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"