Belly dropped

cheryl

mum of 3 +1 mc
Reaction score
I keep being told my belly has dropped and that i won't go full term, which is really worrying me. Should I be worried or can it happen weeks before?
Luv Cheryl xxx:hug::hug::hugs::hugs:

Im not to sure but didn't wanna read and run, i think everyone varies! i think ive seen some people on here drop at less weeks than you and its been fine? sorry can't give a straight answer but im sure your bubs will stay in there until he's big and proper ready to come out!

Baba can engage at any stage doesnt mean anything really. Ive seen people on here be fully engaged at 29 weeks and still go overdue. Just means baba is getting ready :) XxxX

Thanks ladies, I know baby is head down from my scan today, But am just worried over every little thing because of my son being born at 33 weeks.
Luv Cheryl xxx

Oh I think some people talk gash...... Tee hee.... I was almost fully engaged about a month ago, and my bump hadn't even dropped... now i'm 2/5ths and I'm lower than a snake's belly..... don't you worry, everyone's got an opinion.... i'm sure you'll be fine. x

Babies dropping and engaging are different things... Babies can be dropped for weeks... This happens as gravity naturally works in and causes the heavy bump to move downwards.. They can also engage and disengage for weeks.

Some people do not last as long once the baby actually engages because it puts alot of pressure on your cervix. And depending on the person, this can start the cervix effacing and eventually cause dilation.

Some people have a better/stronger cervix and some people have a very sensitive cervix. The is part of the reason why sex to induce labour works for some people and not others.

Also any scan tissue around the cervical area can play into how quickly your cervix effaces and dilates.

I wouldn't worry too much! Take it easy and relax :D

i wouldnt listen, people said that to me before i was like eh!!! i asked my midwife and rosie was breech so it was rubbish, it were my ex mil that said it.
if there was something wrong they'd have said something today, its just a word for saying your bump look lower, but what do they know, and even if it is looking lower. it doesnt mean to say you'll go into labour any earlier.
xx

Aww Thank you ladies, I feel loads better now. Thanks again.
Luv Cheryl xxx

i was being told i dropped a couple of weeks ago hun and im still here :D.i was worried like you but like everyone said bubs has probs enagaged and geatting ready but it doesn't mean he will come early :hugs:
xx

This is going to sound really stupid, but how do you know when your belly 'drops'? My bump looks different to all the pics I've seen on here and on the Internet in general. It starts quite high, but is entirely central. It hasn't dropped because I've been to the doctor's twice this week (have been under the weather lately) and I presume the doc's would've said something if I had, but it's just....weird looking lol. And it's seemingly impossible to tell from looking what I'm having. LO had its legs crossed at the 20 week scan, and I've had 'It's a girl!' and 'It's a boy!' in equal measure lol. I'm not worried about my shape, it just looks strange in comparison to most bumps!

I dropped with my first pregnancy, a girl, at like 20 weeks, very early and she stayed that way until her birth at 36 weeks but I had that girl, tire around the middle look, well a belly but not that boy swolled a basetball look that I had with my boy.

So sorry for the legs crossed at sex scan, I worked for an ultrasound company while prego with my little guys and I was scanned nearly every day, talk about feeling blessed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->