Benefit Busters

If I had been sent on that course I would have smacked the patronising cow. I can't believe Poundland got them to work for free for two weeks and that they were so happy about it!

If I had been sent on that course I would have smacked the patronising cow. I can't believe Poundland got them to work for free for two weeks and that they were so happy about it!

Well that would depend on how badly they wanted to get back into work really. If I were given the opportunity to do a work trial in order to better myself, I'd take it. No shame in that.

I had to do an unpaid trial to get my job, over the course of a week they split it between me and a guy and whoever was best got the job.

I actually think thats a pretty good way to size people up for jobs rather than just write people off because their cv isnt quite so great which is what you will find with a lot of people on benefeits.

It's not the shame, I understand that they were excited to get a job, but it just felt that they were being exploited so Poundland could save some money and the benefit agency could claim their reward. It just left a bad taste in my mouth. Interested to see next week's one.

An opportunity is an opportunity. At least they were given the chance, exploitation or not.

I don't think I'd mind doing an unpaid trial. It would get me out this house and I could get a prospective job out of it. I assume they still got their benefits while they were working unpaid so they weren't really missing out :shrug:

Watching it on plus now...she's a patronising bitch.

Honestly some of the things that she's saying are very patronising and over stepping the mark IMHO - like saying to that woman that she shouldn't have turned down the job that she couldn't get home from!!

Honestly some of the things that she's saying are very patronising and over stepping the mark IMHO - like saying to that woman that she shouldn't have turned down the job that she couldn't get home from!!

I think she meant that the woman could have thought through her options before she turned it down too quickly. I don't know if she had to give an answer right there and then though. But I didn't agree with her saying she could have got a lift home with another colleague - how's she supposed to know if anyone even lives near her? Or whether she'd even get on with anyone enough to be getting rides home at 2am?

Ive sky+ it, is it gonna make me yell at the tv??

V xxx

i'm watching this now and omg...cow! when me and oh were trying to work things out money wise we enquired about housing benifit etc and we were entitled to pennies (we're in that bracket where we are not comfortable but we earn to much for help) and oh jokingly said to the woman "so we would be better off if we stopped working and claimed benifit?" and she said yes. you can see why people do it. obviously there are some people who really need it but so many people play the system so easily.

It's not the shame, I understand that they were excited to get a job, but it just felt that they were being exploited so Poundland could save some money and the benefit agency could claim their reward. It just left a bad taste in my mouth. Interested to see next week's one.

exactly how I feel. Its absolutely disgusting that they did a 2 week unpaid trial. bloody awful. why is it two weeks? They could suss someone out in a day or two. And why does it need to be completely unpaid. Absolutely disgraceful.

My OH did an unpaid trial for his job but it was 3 hours not bloody 2 weeks. Shocking.

yep shes bloody awful. I couldnt bear to be told what to do by that horrible woman for 5 long weeks Id have to shove her tissues down her throat.

Makes me want to give up work and start churning out babies.

Breeding is where the money is seriously. Its not the womens fault they are just the a product of a society that makes it easy to live that life.

That fat one who reckons shes a dj just has an attitude problem she needs to get off her fat lazy arse.

Makes me want to give up work and start churning out babies.

Breeding is where the money is seriously. Its not the womens fault they are just the a product of a society that makes it easy to live that life.

That fat one who reckons shes a dj just has an attitude problem she needs to get off her fat lazy arse.

Agreed :thumbup:

I think she meant that the woman could have thought through her options before she turned it down too quickly. I don't know if she had to give an answer right there and then though. But I didn't agree with her saying she could have got a lift home with another colleague - how's she supposed to know if anyone even lives near her? Or whether she'd even get on with anyone enough to be getting rides home at 2am?

TBH I think that she had thought of her options, she said her dad wasn't driving and she wouldn't be able to get a taxi as the shift finishes after the taxis close. I agree though about the employees, - there's no way should could have possibly predicted whether or not she could have got a lift with an employee that she hasn't yet met!

I do think poundland exploited them though. I've never been on JSA admittedly, but I wouldn't work for a company (other than a charity type thing) for free.

exactly how I feel. Its absolutely disgusting that they did a 2 week unpaid trial. bloody awful. why is it two weeks? They could suss someone out in a day or two. And why does it need to be completely unpaid. Absolutely disgraceful

My cousin was offered an unpaid trial woking in a hospital for 9wks, she was still going to get benefits and her childcare paid for and it was all done through one of these schemes . From what I understand it was because she had been out of work for 4yrs and had pretty much nothing to put on her cv, so this was to help her get back into employment.

I think the BIG DJ is seriously deluded, with a stinking attitude. I felt sorry for the woman who did admit to having a drink problem, I hope they do help her.
That woman was OTT but its good that there is some kind of scheme for people to turn to for help.

I think that woman who was a DJ that that turned down that job because it ONLY payed £5-7 ph needed a kick up the ass, did you see the TV and computer that woman had. im sorry but id work for £5ph just to say i had a job! I no you want to give your kids everything you can but wow what is she teaching her child buy maxing out credit cards when really she shouldnt be.. out of all the women she bugged me!! the rest i think were trying esp the one that admitted they get to much!

I think poundland should have had to either give the wages to charity or to the job centre. They shouldnt get free workers for two weeks, thats what I thought was awful more than the people working for free because like you say they still get their benefits.

Grr that A4E woman really annoyed me,the way she talked down to them and was all patronising. She thought she was better than them when she just came across as a cold hearted gobby thing

i'm just catching up with sky+.... omg that woman is so bullyish.

some people generally lazy but thats not the right way to do it, put people down.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"