Benefits - what a waste of time

scared1

Reaction score
well yesterday was a complete waste of time!

I told the senior advisor more about the benefits i'm entitled to than she knew - she was reading out of a text book! AND she wasn't meant to be training the girll that sat in!

I am livid i'm trying to be responsible and get everything straight and they can't tell me anything!

I might get help with my mortgage.....but i might not- depends
If i sell it and move home and go on the housing register...the fact i sold a property might go against me.......but it might not
If i get i repossed - they might help me but then i will have a black mark for paying rent/mortgage and that will work against me
If i sell the flat i'll have to much in savings to qualify for any help

ARGGGH basically unless i make myself homeless they wont help me and then even if i do that they wont help me because i sold the flat and made myself homeless!

basically i have to take a leap of faith into a benefits system that is the most over engineered system of rubbish i have been involved in, in my life!

i need help for a year til i can go back to work - i have paid 10's of thousands in taxes over the years to help toward supporting people on benefits and now i need help i can't get any - AND the fact that i have a good temp job and i work long hours at the moment and I have earnt a good wage means that any benefits i do get next year will be less!!! THATS CRAZY!

just feel like whats the point? no wonder there are so many people in the papers fraudulently perminantley living of benefits! i have struggled to get my self on the property ladder and i nearly lost the flat once and had to hold down 3 jobs to keep it because I wanted a home i could call my own and now they are penalising me for it - but they are quite happy for me to rent someone elses flat and they will effectively pay the landlords mortgage for them but i have to lose everything its not fair!

ARRRGH - rant over sorry i'm so dissapointed

that is so crap, isn't it?

i mean, who is 'the system' supposed to help?

my dad's just been made redundant, the company he's worked for 25 years has gone into liquidation...they won't help him pay the mortgage and they'll only give him 60 puond aweek, because my mum earns enough tokeep them. aacording to them! she only works in the mornings!!!!!!

hi i am a single parent, (to be) and i do not even know what benefits i am entitled to and how much, one person is saying 200 a month, another is saying 7-800!!!
so confused do you know?

I get about £140 a week in Income support, child benefit & child tax credit

Hi I am totally new to this and like you I am pregnant for the second time (my eldest is almost 13!) so am going into this all totally different. What I have checked out so far I will get SMP at the rate of 90% for first 6 weeks and then the rest at £117 per week. Once SMP is down to £117 you get maximum tax credits as H M Revenue & Customs don't take into account the first £100 of SMP. When I was on their online calculator it worked out I could get about £180 per week tax credits! Seems alot but I have checked about 3 times now. If you are on income support (once the baby is here) you can get help with your mortgage but interest part only.

It all is a con really especially when you always pay into the system and temporarily need help you can't get it! Good luck, I know I am also needing it at the moment - like you have a mortgage to pay and other debts and wonder how I will cope financially.

The whole system is wank.. my fella's sister has been waiting 7 years for CSA to get maintenance from her kids dad.. they ended up closing it because they got nowhere :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->