Best birthing/exercise/labor ball?

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
My doula suggested I start using one soon, but there's a billion out there lol. I have Amazon prime and not looking to spend a fortune on it. I'm 5'2.5"

Girl I just bought a large yoga ball from Wal-Mart and it worked fine (I'm 5'3") :thumbup: main thing to check is the max weight on it. My friend bought a ball smaller than mine (she's on the taller/heavier side) and she popped it :rofl:

I just bought a cheap exercise ball from a discount sports shop in the UK! Cost me £8 which is about $10 I think. We were advised to get one in antenatal class and the next week, 4 out of the 6 of us rocked up with the same ball!

To be honest, I don't use it very much. It's nice to sit on when I get uncomfy on the sofa, makes you sit upright so it's good for the back! But mostly I use it as a foot rest! Hopefully it'll be useful in labour!

Omg ladies you crack me up between the popping it and foot rest haha

Last time I bought one from Asda (like Walmart over with you). This time around my work's physio lent me one of the spare balls from the gym as none of our clients are in the need for one just now. Benefits of working in health care!

I found mine useful in labour last time around in easing the contractions. This time my SPD is bad and I find the ball comfier to sit on than the sofa.

I agree - make sure the one you buy is ANTI-BURST. I'm not kidding. I bought a new, expensive one that was bigger than my old one, and I popped it, falling onto my butt and peeing myself (I was 39w6d!) from the pressure on my bladder. It was horrible. LOL.. I went back to my tried and true ball, which was some heavy duty gray one I bought from Target. I don't know what brand, but it's time to dig it out again, so hopefully the brand isn't worn off. Mine has gotten me through 3 pregnancies so far without any issues. I only bought a new one because I wanted something bigger.

I use mine to help get/keep my babies in the correct position for labor. I am prone to breech/transverse babies. I also lean forward on it to take the pressure off of my back. I have SPD, too, so it helps with the pain/pressure there. Finally, it is GREAT for using while in labor. I was stalled in labor with my third baby, got on the ball, and my baby immediately fell into position and started crowning. Wonderful. Don't worry; she was born in the hospital bed (with no one there to catch her since I was supposedly "not ready" lol)

I agree - make sure the one you buy is ANTI-BURST. I'm not kidding. I bought a new, expensive one that was bigger than my old one, and I popped it, falling onto my butt and peeing myself (I was 39w6d!) from the pressure on my bladder. It was horrible. LOL..
:rofl:THIS :rofl: MADE :rofl:MY :rofl:DAY:rofl: oooommggg ahahahaha when my friend popped hers she tried to blame the floor not being swept...nah girl you just didn't want to admit your weight at the time lol

Dobs I plan to buy one soon so I'll take a pic of it and send it to you if you hadn't bought one yet :thumbup:

I purchased a Golds Gym Antiburst one at Wal-Mart for $8.. love it so far!

Thanks for the advice and laughs haha. I stopped by target and the cheapest ball they had on the floor was 16.99. No thanks. Walmart is a freeway and 15m away no traffic, so I'll just go with something anti burst through Amazon.

Just get the cheapest gym ball you can find, they all do the same thing!

I purchased a Golds Gym Antiburst one at Wal-Mart for $8.. love it so far!

Yes! This is the one I have had for years and throughout 3 pregnancies, and I LOVE IT! And it was so cheap!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"