Best bottle for tongue tied baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadey-x

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm currently using tommee tippee bottles, my little girl has a slight tongue tie and is dribbling the milk all over the place! Just letting loads out of the side of her mouth every feed

Can anyone recommend a good bottle for a tongue tied baby please?

Xx

Hope you don't mind me posting in here but the thread title caught my eye.

I was told (by the tongue tie nurse) that TT, Avent and any bottle which mimics breastfeeding are the absolute worst for tongue tie babies! And that any orthodontic teat would be better.

PS have you checked LO's lip in case that is also tied, it can make getting a good seal around the bottle hard, and a narrower teat can make it easier to get a seal.

What are orthodontic teats? Sorry if I sound really stupid, I had no trouble at all with TT with my first daughter and spoke so highly of them, just got them again for baby number z2, and don't really know anything else...

Where can I buy narrow orthodontic teat bottles?

Thanks so much for your reply

Xx

Hiya

My DD also has tongue tie and both bottle feeding and BF are a nightmare.
Milk used to spit out the sides of her mouth , but since buying NUK bottles with the orthodontic teats shes been a lot better. I got mine online from Amazon but mothercare, kiddicare etc also sell them.

Before you splash out though maybe just buy one bottle to see if they suit your LO , that way if they dont make a difference you wont have wasted a lot of money.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NUK-Choice...f=sr_1_4?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1357566198&sr=1-4

https://www.mothercare.com/NUK-Firs...1-Medium-Hole---2-Pack/784107,default,pd.html

https://www.mothercare.com/NUK-Perfect-Start-Starter-Set/450823,default,pd.html

Yep, I think they're the ones the nurse meant, or you can get own brand like boots, but the nurses aren't allowed to recommend specific brands.

Thanks for the replies.

I've ordered a single MAM bottle as I believe it has an orthodontic teat also, so ill see how I get on with that!

Xx

Hi ladies, I'm currently using tommee tippee bottles, my little girl has a slight tongue tie and is dribbling the milk all over the place! Just letting loads out of the side of her mouth every feed

Xx

Hi,
Just curious why you don't get the tongue tie fixed? My daughter had a tongue tie and they wouldn't cut it in the hospital. They said it would "grow with her". She had a bad latch when I tried breast feeding. When she was being bottle fed, she would leak alot around her mouth, like your baby, she would get frustrated, and I could hear her tongue clicking because it was too short to feed properly. She couldn't stick out her tongue at all. I ended up getting it fixed at the recommendation of our family doctor. I was told she had a severe tongue tie and would likely have a speech impediment and the tongue tie can also lead to dental issues. Now my daughter can drink her bottle easier, faster, and with barely any dribbles. She can lick her lips which she couldn't do before, and stick her tongue out.

Well at the hospital I was told she had a slight tongue tie that wouldn't be an issue. Looks like she does have lip tie aswell, but she does actually feed alright, she is gaining weight and doesn't get frustrated due to not getting any milk so I reckon ill have a hard time trying to get the to have it snipped if its not causing a massive issue (just the dribbling)

I'm definately going to bring it up at her 6 week check but I already feel like they're gonna just brush it off and say she doesn't need it! If they are happy to do it then ill be 100% up for getting it done for her as think it'll benefit massively

Thank you

Xx

Hi jadey sorry to hear your having problems, I feel your pain, my 6 week old was the same I was using tommee tippe and ended up trying vari flow teats, medium and then fast flow!! He was much better on the fast flow, but still not great, jm still waiting to see the consultant about his tongue tie as it was I my because it was taking him an hour to feed and me havig to change the teets so many times that I knew something wasn't right, I have just bought the nuk bottles with the medium teats and they are a god send it's taking my little one 5 -10 mins to finish 4 oinces rather than an hour!!! I would highly recommend them!! Xxx

Hi ladies, I'm currently using tommee tip
bottles, my little girl has a slight tongue tie and is dribbling the milk all over the place! Just letting loads out of the side of her mouth every feed

Xx

My son had severe tongue tie and he got on fine with the TT coloured bottles.

Hi there

my son is 9 weeks and 3 days old he is tongue tied and I have been using TT bottles for a while now and I am looking to get different bottle but not sure what because when he feed he Spills milk out the sides of his mouth so would like some help to know which bottle would be best to use please.

Locking to save any confusion. Please feel free to start your own thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->