best disposable diapers

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by PugMama22, Jun 8, 2011.

1. PugMama22

PugMama22 Well-Known Member

What are your favorite brand diapers? I've heard some are better for boys vs. girls... what do you think?

2. glenoakgirl

glenoakgirl Well-Known Member

I used on my daughter Pampers, and they were awful (for me anyway) she would wake up in the mornng soaked to the skin. I changed to Luvs and LOVE them. Never had another issue. Going to use them on this LO, just my experience:)

3. LilSnowflake

LilSnowflake Well-Known Member

When i had my 1st son i much preferred Huggies over Pampers, but that was 10yrs ago LOL so id be interested to hear which the best nappies are nowadays. xxx

4. DaisyBee

DaisyBee Mom of 2

It really depends on the build of the child I think. I used to have a home daycare before Megan was born - and half the kids had pampers & half had huggies out of trial and error for their parents. Some used generic brands for during the day at times.

In the beginning I tried both huggies & pampers for Megan. Huggies leaked when she was little but pampers never did. When she was a bit bigger though the pampers started to leak & so I tried huggies again - and they then worked better - no leaks.I think its best not to stock up & wait to see what fits your child better - and like Megan it might change as they grow.

5. MommyV

MommyV Mom to Rachel and Matthew

the generic brands work pretty well especially for the daytime and for the nighttime or if you like to spend more money on brand name the huggies seem to be better for larger babies with bigger thighs and the pampers are better for smaller and slimer babies buy I would definately try different generic brands because you may find one that you like and pay almost 1/2 the price you would for the name brand

6. DaisyBee

DaisyBee Mom of 2

Not always the case though - (with larger babies) Megan is tall and skinny 90% height & 20%ile weight. She has no thighs & very long torso - & huggies work better for her.

7. yourstruly10

yourstruly10 Well-Known Member

Love pampers. Never had a leaking problem or anything with them( only when she was too big for the size she was in a needed to be moved up a size) We have tried huggies but they leaked really bad. Ava is always has been a bigger baby(not huge but 75th and up percentile)

8. stormsmam

stormsmam Well-Known Member

huggies everytime keep baby dryer for much longer :D

9. sueh81

sueh81 Mummy to 1 & 1 on the way

i've got a couple of packs of huggies and a few of pampers to try when LO is here coz I didn't wanna stock up on a particular one incase it didn't agree with them!! xx

10. Melissa29

Melissa29 Well-Known Member

Pampers have a funny smell when wet. I am going to try Huggies. The Target brand are good also.

11. jacks mummy

jacks mummy Well-Known Member

when jack was newborn i found pampers the best by far!! but by the time he got to size 3's they were leaking badly so i changed to huggies and i loved them hardly every leaked i also found as he got older the pampers ones seemed to really swell and i would change him and there would be hardly anything in there! xx

12. WannabemomV

WannabemomV Well-Known Member

I was a nanny for 3 different sets of twins and Several singleton babies. I found Kirkland (Costco) brand to work just as well as Pampers. The key is to watch for coupons and discounts. I have heard that Pampers Makes kirkland diapers. Not sure if this is true, especially since they look just like Huggies..
    I plan on trying out Huggies, Pampers and Kirkland Diapers. My mom swore by LUVs with her 3..