Best Electric Breast Pump?

B

baby.love

Hiya girls i thought you would all be the best to ask so here goes.

I plan to BF this baby as i did my other 2 children, but i want to express this time, i tried with my DS with manual pumps and found it really hard work so gave up pumping and started introducing formula..

Which electric pumps are the best? I plan to solely BF(no formula) for atleast the 1st 3 months (hopefully longer) and think expressing can only help.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks xx

I had the Medela Mini Electric to start with (I think someone is selling one on the 'Sell, Swap, Wanted' board on here ;) ) and it was fab! I didnt want to spend and awful lot until I knew I'd be carrying on BFing. So now I have a Medela Swing and it's fantastic!!
I think Medela are widely regarded to be the leaders in pumps. ;)

i bought medela swing aswell and it is sooo good, i will be selling it soon though only so i can buy a medela double pump instead lol

x

MEDELA SWING!!!

I hired a double expressor thing at first as I needed to express a lot but then I got the Swing and found it loads better than the hospital grade one because it has a 2 phase thing that mimics a baby's sucking pattern so it gets your milk flowing better. I got mine off Ebay for £30 + £5 p&p after lots of searching and bidding x

MEDELA SWING!!!

I hired a double expressor thing at first as I needed to express a lot but then I got the Swing and found it loads better than the hospital grade one because it has a 2 phase thing that mimics a baby's sucking pattern so it gets your milk flowing better. I got mine off Ebay for £30 + £5 p&p after lots of searching and bidding x

Hey Elm - did you really find it better than the hospital grade one??? Wow that's good to know :D I have to say I am really pleased with mine - I only have the mini to compare to though and I was pretty pleased with that too.

MEDELA SWING!!!

Hey Elm - did you really find it better than the hospital grade one??? Wow that's good to know :D I have to say I am really pleased with mine - I only have the mini to compare to though and I was pretty pleased with that too.

I did because of the two phase thing, it was a Medela Lactina (? a big blue thing) that I hired from a bf support group thing and it didn't have the two phase thing. The Medela one I used in hospital was a double pump with the two phase thing and that was just like the Swing to me (except for the fact that I could do both breasts at the same time once (after two days) someone had explained that to me and given me the extra funnel etc which doubled the amount of time I could spend asleep....) :)

I rented the Madela Lactina (sounds like the same one elm had) and it didn't matter what I did or when i tried to - it just would not get anything more than a few drops - and that's supposed to be a top of the line model. I tried slow, fast, medium, one at a time, two at a time, manual, different levels of fullness. I ended up giving up as I couldn't afford to buy a different one only to fail again.

I would see if you can get one secondhand or rent one before investing high dollars if you're not able to afford it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->