best friend acting strange...

Little G try not let the negative comments get at you :flower: I honnestly don't know why they are being so damn rude in my opinion .. If you don't have something nice or possitve to say don't say anything at all! Jeez.. :dohh: I've honnestly never seen people be so negative on this before :shrug:

Thanks Sarah, that's my thoughts completely, don't get the comments that I think everybodys thoughts should be revolving around me and my pregnancy, when did I mention that? Anyway as you said if nothing nice to say then don't say it, letting it fly over my head with the negative comments, not worth getting annoyed over.

She's your best friend of course she should be asking how you feel? I don't know why anyone is saying well maybe you should be asking her how she feels :wacko:

My best friend would ask me every single day how i felt ( (Not saying yours should, everyday) but I would think she would at least ask one time?? I would be wondering also..

I think you are absolutely right for wondering..
Hope you feel better XoooXO <3 <3

She's your best friend of course she should be asking how you feel? I don't know why anyone is saying well maybe you should be asking her how she feels :wacko:

My best friend would ask me every single day how i felt ( (Not saying yours should, everyday) but I would think she would at least ask one time?? I would be wondering also..

I think you are absolutely right for wondering..
Hope you feel better XoooXO <3 <3

Thank you, that's the way I think too, if she was pregnant I'd certainly be asking.
I know if she was and I was acting like that she wouldn't be happy with me either. Xx

Then why did you ask us this question if all you wanted to hear was what you only wanted to hear?

I don't think she minds hearing different opinions, but written in a nice way, not aggressively.. The posts i have read have been a bit nasty, it could be just the computer and not intentional , but it's ok to disagree, but can't we do it nicely? XO

Why are people being so RUDE??? My God. She asked a simple question not for people to attack her. And no you're not just 'responding to her question' you are being very rude and its uncalled for. If you think she's overreacting like she asked then sure tell her she may be overreacting instead of being bitchy and saying the world doesn't have to revolve around her bc she's pregnant (in so many words) Man oh man :dohh:

To OP. I think this could go two ways. You could very well be catching onto something, maybe she is worried she'll lose you now or maybe slightly jealous even though she doesn't want kids? Maybe she's just trying to give you some space as she knows how sick you've been. I have a similar situation with my friend but, very different in many ways. I wouldn't look into it too much just go on as normal and wait and see :hugs: I know how it is to get that 'vibe' and sometimes it TRULY is something other times, I'm overreacting.

These threads appear quite often in every trimester forum. I always give the same response which is , WE are the ones carrying the child; we feel them everyday and it's impossible to "forget" that there's a baby in there. On the other hand, other friends/family can easily forget or just nonchalantly not care about your pregnancy at all. It might not be intentional, we as the mother of the baby expect others to care just as much as we do because pregnancy is an everyday thing for us and effects every aspect of our life.

I do think the harshness you are receiving from others is completely unwarranted and unfair. You are not being bratty, you are not expecting peoples lives to revolve around your pregnancy, youre simply wondering why a friend can't bother asking how your pregnancy is going. To be honest, I never really understood why so many woman actually care about whether people ask about their pregnancy or not. My close friends/family ask about my pregnancy but even if they didn't I wouldn't care. My husband is so excited for this baby yet I feel like sometimes he's not even that interested. In a lot of cases when the baby is born you begin to see people's excitement.

i would def be hurt. it seems sometimes people expect so much out of you and dont give it in return. Who knows. u could always be the one who makes the first move and asks and dont want to now that you have expressed ur ill. I think it best to be honest right now with your friend and ask her if there is anything going wrong with her. If she says no... explain that your feelings are a bit hurt because you would like her to be apart of the pregnancy in some sort of way and she hasnt asked you once how you are doing or wished u the best healthy pregnancy. Or asked if u needed anything, she would be there. But i wouldnt do this until you asked her how she was doing on a diffferent day before you have the conversation. That way she doesnt turn it back around on you and say... "well you have not asked me either"

Then why did you ask us this question if all you wanted to hear was what you only wanted to hear?

I didn't ask the question to only hear what I wanted to hear that's why I asked am I being over sensitive! I'm quite open to a difference me a opinion but not to be verbally attacked in a horrible way when I was only looking for some advice.

I'm sorry things have come across so rough Little G, I thought about it this morning and I do understand where you are coming from.

I haven't told anyone but my sister, and granted she doesn't ask every time but I'm not sick either. My coworker told me when she was pregnant, and I probably asked her how she was feeling multiple times a day some days, and she's not even my BFF, just a coworker. So I would see how it would be weird for her to go from normally conversing with you to not even mentioning it. It's probably not a big deal, but you could always ask what is up?

I'm sorry things have come across so rough Little G, I thought about it this morning and I do understand where you are coming from.

I haven't told anyone but my sister, and granted she doesn't ask every time but I'm not sick either. My coworker told me when she was pregnant, and I probably asked her how she was feeling multiple times a day some days, and she's not even my BFF, just a coworker. So I would see how it would be weird for her to go from normally conversing with you to not even mentioning it. It's probably not a big deal, but you could always ask what is up?

Thank you, yeah im the same if I know someone who's preggo, guess every one is different, It just doesnt seem like her, think gonna pay her a visit and see what she's like, if doesnt mention anything then will probably say something,
x

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everybody who gave me some nice feedback and could relate to what I was asking advice on, :flower: as for the nasty comments, they have flown over my head, and not letting it bother me. its opened my eye's to this forum tho, I thought everybody was lovely until yesterday. :shrug:

thanks for the some of the positive feedback, I think some of you ladies are grabbing the wrong end of the stick tho. I dont think my pregnancy revolves around everyone else and everyone should be thinking about me, there was one person in question, my friend! As for not asking questions about her, any time we speak on the phone thats all I do, ask her about her, not once have i mentioned my pregnancy, anyway perhaps I'll think twice about venting on here again didnt expect such negative comments from some people

Not sure if I was bundled in all of that... I was just simply saying that I confronted her and she is much better about asking me.

From past experience I would just ask her, maybe arrange a coffee date and tell her how you're feeling, she is your friend so should understand and maybe it will give her chance to open up if there is something bothering her, it's probably nothing so don't over worry yourself .
As for the nasty bitchy comments on here, some people are only happy when they are attacking others and it says more about them than you. Enjoy your pregnancy and have a good girly gossip with your friend .

For what it is worth, I think it may be your hormones/in your head somewhat. It may just be a normal lull of you both being busy that happens in every friendship occasionally. You said she asked if you would come over to visit, but you were busy that day. It happens! Life is busy. :)

I don't ask pregnant people how they are feeling regularly. Especially, not in the first trimester/early on. I may when they are super close to their due date. I don't know I think I just think being sick is part of being pregnant and being pregnant is a choice. I ask people who have a serious illness or getting over being sick how they are feeling. I understand that people can be very sick during pregnancy, but I don't know I just again feel like it is part of it.

I also just don't have much tolerance for people whining about being sick during pregnancy, so I may have a different view. I have seen many people (not saying you have) complaining that having to puke daily and other symptoms are the worse things they have ever been through and how will they get through it... well, they will. I am "tainted" by my past pregnancy where I went through the worst (stillbirth) so being sick from pregnancy doesn't register at all on my things I should complain about. I don't judge others for complaining, but I will not open those threads.

Again, extreme case obviously, but I also didn't whine about being sick even before going through my loss because it is just part of it. I also never really expected anyone to ask how I was feeling, so it may just be a difference in personalities.

Anyway, I wanted to just give a different perspective. Hopefully, you can take it for what it is. I'm not judging or trying to be harsh at all. I agree with others to try to open a dialogue to talk about what's bothering you with her. I know if something is bothering me I'll make it a bigger deal in my mind as time goes on. It will probably be as simple as I'm sorry I've been busy and haven't thought about it!

Hugs to you and hopefully it gets resolved quickly so you can have your friendship back at full. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->