best makeup for heat?

F

foquita

i'm not paying to have my hair and makeup done, because i'm worried they make me look like a clown! i don't wear much makeup so i still want to look like myself and think the only way i can do that is to do my own :)

i'm getting married abroad though and worried my makeup will melt off? anyone been married in hot weather and done their own makeup? or anyone live in a hot country and have tips?

really don't want to look like a sweaty mess in the pics :lol:

I don't really know of any make up like that but I would say just keep it light so your skin can breathe. There will probably be someone here with better advice than me :) xx

I went to Bali and Singapore which are obviously very close to Malaysia and while I usually use a liquid foundation I bought a powder especially and I was so glad I did, there is no way my face wouldn't have ended up a big greasy mess with liquid foundation on! I used MAC studio fix and it was perfect as it's buildable so you can use less or more depending on your preference. Maybe try a primer but I suppose you'll have sun protection on underneath so it might be worth researching the best one for the face which won't cause your make up to run.

What's the climate like in Malaysia? In Bali it was beautiful because there was a constant breeze but in Singapore the humidity killed me, I was practically a sweaty mess the while time! My make up stayed put but I had to use waterproof eyeliner/mascaras, and it needed touch ups!

Estee Lauder double wear make up is good, it also has SPF protection, it's a bit pricey but it's what I'll be buying for my wedding day x

A tinted moisturiser and some powder?

Remember that SPF can make you look white on photos.

I would have said a powder foundation too. And keep it close by for touch ups :thumbup:

And I second what Lozzy says re: SPF. It's reflective, but not in a good way :lol:

I don't really know of any make up like that but I would say just keep it light so your skin can breathe. There will probably be someone here with better advice than me :) xx

thank you :)

I went to Bali and Singapore which are obviously very close to Malaysia and while I usually use a liquid foundation I bought a powder especially and I was so glad I did, there is no way my face wouldn't have ended up a big greasy mess with liquid foundation on! I used MAC studio fix and it was perfect as it's buildable so you can use less or more depending on your preference. Maybe try a primer but I suppose you'll have sun protection on underneath so it might be worth researching the best one for the face which won't cause your make up to run.

What's the climate like in Malaysia? In Bali it was beautiful because there was a constant breeze but in Singapore the humidity killed me, I was practically a sweaty mess the while time! My make up stayed put but I had to use waterproof eyeliner/mascaras, and it needed touch ups!

jealous, i've always wanted to go to bali and singapore :)

i'm thinking about going to the MAC counter and asking them what would be best for hot weather. what kind of skin do you have? mine is oily and spotty (ooo yay) so powder would probably be a good idea! i use urban decay naked liquid foundation just now but i don't really like it, just waiting for it to run out.

it's hot and humid...f**k :rofl: will definitely have to get waterproof eyeliner and mascara, cheers for the reminder!

Estee Lauder double wear make up is good, it also has SPF protection, it's a bit pricey but it's what I'll be buying for my wedding day x

i'll try some, i'm going to spend the next 4 and a half months at make up counters getting them to try different make up on me :lol:

A tinted moisturiser and some powder?

Remember that SPF can make you look white on photos.

not sure if i could get away with just tinted moisturiser and powder because i have quite bad skin. i didn't realise that about SPF, thank you :thumbup:

i'll have to do loads of experimentation :)

I would have said a powder foundation too. And keep it close by for touch ups :thumbup:

And I second what Lozzy says re: SPF. It's reflective, but not in a good way :lol:

glad i posted the thread as i would never have known :lol:

i'll have to just wander about the whole day with makeup and mirror in hand haha :)

If you want to go to Singapore and Bali then do it while you're in Malaysia, it isn't far really at all. Flights to Bali are cheapish from Singapore and you could always ask for them as a wedding present if anyone is wanting to buy you something!

I use Urban Decay at the moment too and it's ok but I prefer MAC. I have combination skin so I'm both dry and oily, sexy huh? :haha: I think any powder will be ok for oily skin though MAC do a powder called Select which is a bit lighter and might be better than Studio Fix which is pretty heavy duty.

ill ask the women at the counter and get them to try some stuff! :)

I actually originally wanted to go to bali on holiday but my OH said no and we compromised on malaysia. i was in S.E asia for 3 months 4 years ago and really wanted to go to bali but didn't think we had time :( i'll hopefully make it one day! I really wish we had got flights into singapore and out of kuala lumpur or vice versa. we already have a sort of plan of where we want to go so I don't want to cut anywhere short :)

Oh I'm sure you'll see many places just as beautiful! There are loads of places I would love to go now so will ask you for inspiration on your return!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->