Best Month?

Discussion in 'Waiting To Try' started by hwimmer, Mar 29, 2011.

?

What is the best month to have a baby?

1. January

2. February

3. March

4. April

5. May

6. June

7. July

8. August

9. September

10. October

11. November

12. December

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. hwimmer

hwimmer Pregnant with TWINS.

(IF you could choose) What month do you think would be the best month to have a baby?

Cite whatever reasons you like: when you do (or do not) want to be pregnant, what month you think would be best to celebrate a birthday, near (or not near) certain holidays, etc etc!

2. hwimmer

hwimmer Pregnant with TWINS.

I said JUNE because the weather is usually great where I live (not too hot, but warm) and I wouldn't have to be super pregnant over the hot, hot summer!

3. bartlettpear

bartlettpear & Bastian makes three!

I voted for December. It would be amazing to be pregant around holidays... with all the food to feed baby! :dance:
    The weather is cooler so you dont have to sweat when going places... and i love christmas!! I really want a nov/dec baby in a bad way.

4. bartlettpear

bartlettpear & Bastian makes three!

In texas... it is HOT in June. I would be so HOT if I had to carry me and baby to the hospital in the june weather.

Always wanted to live somewhere colder...

5. Zoey1

Zoey1 Baby Juliette Born 6/10

I had my daughter in June and it was the perfect month. I delivered before became to hot and didn't have to through the winter huge. :rofl:

6. buttons1

buttons1 Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls

I loves having my lo in January I love Christmas time anyway and was do excited in the lead up it added to the lovely time of year plus we bought all her birthday presents in the half price sale

7. Heidi

Heidi Mummy to two girls

I loved having a May baby because i was at my most pregnant stage when the weather wasn't hot, last year it started to warm up about May time and it was lovely :)

8. BlaireUK

BlaireUK Well-Known Member

I think a wee April baby would be nice beacuse you'd get to enjoy them over the summer months before going back to work for the winter!

9. Twag

Twag Mummy to Elliot & Izzy <3

I chose May as I really really want to be pregnant over Christmas and in the winter time and April is a busy month for Birthdays for us so that leaves May :)

10. immimx

immimx Guest

i chose april, as my family all have birthdays around the summer, and when its school tile it might occaisonally fall on half term, plus they wouldnt be the youngest in the year.
    i like the advantage of not being heavily pregnant over the summer as well.
    all though summery dresses and a bump i wouldnt mind! x

11. I said July as I had my dd on July 1st and I loved that we announced we were expecting shortly before Christmas. I am also a July baby and I've always loved it.

I would love another July baby but I'd also quite like a May or June baby next time as oh's birthday is in May.

I personally wouldn't choose to have a winter baby although I will more than likely end up with one. I hate the cold and I just loved being able to take Summer out on walks when she was tiny and show her off to people!

X

12. Aprilshowers

Aprilshowers Well-Known Member

I said September because it is not too hot and not too cold. Probably a silly reason to pick but I can't imagine pushing a baby out in sticky hot weather.

13. fairy1984

fairy1984 Well-Known Member

April because you carry your bump over the autumn and spring (not too hot!), hopefully you could celebrate birthdays in some nice spring weather and they also wouldnt be the youngest at school :)

14. LunaRose

LunaRose Mum of a Boy & Girl

I had Jayden in June. I was heavily pregnant & gave birth during a heatwave! It was horrendous! Don't fancy that much again! I think an April baby would be nice .. Just warming up so you can go out with the baby and it's nice and cool when you are pregnant so you don't get hot and puffy! I had little balloon feet in the hot weather :haha:

15. MackMomma8

MackMomma8 Well-Known Member

I chose May because then I will be in my 3rd tri in the dead of winter, but not so big and preggo over the holidays that I can't enjoy myself. Plus, early summer where I live is beautiful, and I would want baby to be a month or two old before I started taking them out into the world, like on stroller walks in parks and things like that.

16. MissKM

MissKM Well-Known Member

ive said july, right in the middle of summer so perfect for birthday days out/parties etc and mine and my OHs birthday are both in july so think it would be really special xx

17. Thaynes

Thaynes Mommy and Wifey

My LO was an end of September baby. I didn't really like being pregnant when it was that hot. I think april is a good month for babies. When you bring the baby home you could get a few pictures with fresh spring flowers.

18. glitterbug

glitterbug Mum with growing tum

I said May. My reasons are

1) Because there are just too many Birthdays and expenses during the winter for me!

2) You will be heavily pregnant when the weather is pleasantly warm, not stupidly hot (if you're in the UK of course)

3) It's not the middle of winter, so you don't have the added worry of snow/ice affecting your journey to hospital etc.

4) Most wedding etc take place in the summer, so I wouldn't miss them all because i was about to drop!

19. odd_socks

odd_socks Long Term WTT

i think march/april b/c u have the lighter nights to have those sleepless nights with and it inst freezing cold :haha:

20. Amarna

Amarna Mother

June or July for the weather related reasons others have stated. And that's what we're hoping for because as a student it would be really convenient not to take time off my last year and delay finishing my degree.