Best pregnancy books for first time moms

arielmermaid

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just joined this board and I'm happy to be a part of it. First board I joined. I'm 6 weeks and 5 days. Part of me didn't think this day would come because we've been having trouble for a few years now. My RE recommends to his patients The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy, and does not like What to Expect When You're Expecting. I looked up reviews on the Girlfriend's Guide and wow, I see many negative ones. Curious which book or books any of you have read or are reading that you really like? Thanks so much for any advice! Just don't want to pay money on a book or books that turns out to not be so great

I was going to suggest what to expect when you're expecting. I think it's a good, factual resource. I found most of the humorous ones I read too silly, but I did read a few regardless. Also, little earthquakes is a good novel about having babies.

I think it's probably more valuable to read about choices, newborn behaviour, parenting strategies etc. as there is too much to do once baby is here to try to work out what kind of parent you want to be. I'm not sure there is that much you need to know about pregnancy, cos it just happens anyway! I liked "Your body, your baby, your birth" when I was pregnant as it talked through consequences of different types of labour and was empowering on the subject of natural birth. I wish now that I had read up on breastfeeding, infant sleep and parenting styles when I had all that glorious TIME!

Yup! I've got that one that JJay suggested! I call it my pregnancy bible :haha:
The main thing I love is that you get to read a little bit every day and then there's a little picture every week of actual size of the baby - That is until it gets too big ofcourse, I think it's probably there for the first 12 weeks, can't remember off the top of my head.

Why doesn't he like what to expect when you're expecting? I've found that book is all I need. it covers just about everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->