Best pump for big boobs?

lulu37688

Reaction score
Hi ladies - hope you can help with this question!
I am planning on pumping as I must return to work 13 wks after LO is born.
Currently I'm a 38DD - but my boobs have not changed size at all during the pregnancy, so I'm expecting they will once milk comes in?
DH and I are looking around at breast pumps - there are quite a few options here (we're in the US)
I know I want a double electric pump....and a strong one at that, that will work well w/ a larger breast - but which brand is best?
ANY advice you can give would be very appreciated! :)

I have the medela pump in style advanced and like it. Mind you, my breasts aren't as large as yours (about a C/D right now). I know they make different sized shields for the medela pumps to fit different size nipples. I hope this helps.

It's more about nipple size than breast size. Both Medela and Ameda make different sized shields to accomodate different nipple sizes, and both make consumer grade double pumps. An ideal fit has your nipple moving freely in the flange without pulling too much areola in or squashing the nipple. The standard size flange is generally 25mm. As you are in the US you may also look into the Hygeia Enjoye (I think it's called).

I think Medela has an animation on their website showing what good pumping should look like.

Have a look at this link. It outlines the various vacuum pressures and cycling speeds of the pumps on the market. https://babylovesyourmilk.com/best-personal-electric-breast-pumps.php There are more types (hospital grade and single pumps) at the bottom of the page.

I have the same size breasts as you and get good results with my playtex pump...

I have the medula mini electric and found it fine, Ive got 36H's and found it comfy. I havent tried any others though .

I am a bit boobylicious and the pump I found to be the best (and by best I mean got the most milk out the quickest) was the Ameda dual breast pump. I tried a couple, this seemed to work for me. It has two controls...taken from the website...

it has two controls, one for the intensity of the suck and the other for the rate of the suck. This allows you to mimic what the baby does: quick sucks to begin with and then slow down once the milk starts to flow. i.e. it helps with the let down reflex.

Not an electric pump i know but i have GG boobs (and im only 5'3 size 10 :O so yup they are real but they don't look it lol) and i use the Avent Manual Pump, i can easily pump 5oz in 5 mins per breast, i found it much better than any electric pump and works fine considering i have monster breasts :p and yes they do also come with horrible monster nipples to lol :thumbup:

I have the NUK manual pump I'm a 40h in most shops, I find it just perfect. I find the flanges on other manual pumps too small as well as the standard flanges on electric pumps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->