Best sling for nursing?

allaboard

Reaction score
There are so many that are supposedly great for nursing, but reading the reviews, in real life many of them don't work well. The wrap ones look so fiddley and potentially hot, and the up front traditional ones look so awkward with baby feeding upright. I used to have a ring sling one and the ring always slipped back onto my collar bone, very painful.

Which one have you used/will you use? Moby, Kari-me, Ergo, a ring sling, traditional front ones, any others....?

I have a close baby carrier like a moby / Ring

This is my first, and other than reviews on what other people say about them I haven't got a clue yet which one will be best so really I'm no help lol. I have a few that were given to me so we'll see

I used a ring sling with my LO, and still use it to carry him in even though he no longer bfs.

I will be using it 2 nurse baby aswell as carry her/him.

I just start with the ring high up on my shoulder above my collar bone, it doesnt slip then.

xxx

This is our first bubs too, but after both me and my hubby spending hours looking at reviews, we both decided to go for the Babasling. Good reviews, and looks like the most practical for both mummy and daddy to use! We will soon see!x

After much research we have gone for the close baby sling. I hope it works for us!

This is my first, but I've had the Sprout Pouch and the Maya highly recommended to me by another mum. I'm going with the Sprout Pouch for around the house as it seems less fiddley.

I like the simplicity of the close baby, i've read that the rings can dig into your sides though so you'll have to let me know how that one gets on as i do like it.

The sprout pouch looks so cute ad eeeeeasy, can you BF with that on though as the video says there must be material between you and baby...i suspect there must be a way somehow...

The Babasling looks like my ring sling, and a really cheap price too!

I must have strange shaped boney shoulders, i just couldn't get the ring sling to sit right and stay there! Might dig it out and give it another go as well....as buying another :)

The sprout pouch looks so cute ad eeeeeasy, can you BF with that on though as the video says there must be material between you and baby...i suspect there must be a way somehow...

Easy is why it's so appealing to me too! The woman who recommended it to me said basically the idea of having some fabric between you and the LO is just to make sure they're supported by enough of the fabric and won't tumble out the back side - you know, like if you had all the fabric up front and they just squeezed out between you and the fabric?

As long as the LO's weight is supported by fabric she said you can BF, do dishes, go for walks, anything! I love the idea! I'm also super lucky cause my friend is very crafty and she's making my sprout pouch for me. :) She said they give out patterns and info about how to make one safely right on their site!

OT - Not about BFing slings, but I'm also going to get a Beco Gemini because DH and I like to do lots of hiking and stuff and the Beco seems like a good "backpack/frontpack" style carrier that either of us could wear for long walks and adventures. Here's the link if you're interested: Beco Gemini Baby Carrier

I'm so excited to wear this baby all over the place! :happydance:

Lucky you - a made to measure one!

I notice that Beco one looks really supportive underneath if you know what i mean, to stop the baby banging against you. Good luck with that. You'll have to come and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->