Best stretch mark cream

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
Any suggestions girls, as it's payday, I thought I would go out and get some.

Hiya my OH got me the sanctuary mum to be cream, a huge tub for £10 in boots, lots of lovely smelling ingrediants and leavesmy tummy feeling soft and lovely!

here it is https://www.thesanctuary.co.uk/mum-to-be-collagen-boosting-body-butter-details.htm

:hugs:

I am using Bio Oil every day. Let you know in 7 months if it works!

I brought bottles and bottles of bio oil through out my last pregnancy and still ended up with them damn streth marks :( just didnt work for me so thought id try summat different...ive also got a cheap version of bio oil its called resue oil £1.49 :lol: im just gonna lather my body head to toe with creams and potions and hope for the best :rofl:

i use rescue oil ans coco butter already ... but nothing can stop you getting streach markes if ya guna get em your guna get em lol x

Yep, i have a fair few stretch marks and i never got that big with my 2 boys, so i think if you are going to get them you WILL get them!

someone one on here recommended Pure Vitamin E Oil so I'm trying that x I know I WILL get them but using something gives me the peace of mind that if I didnt use anything then they could be a whole lot worse x we'll just never know for sure x

My mum has about 2 stretch marks from having me, and she just used bog standard, non-scented moisturiser. I have a tub of the plain Dove Moisturiser and while I'm not prone to stretch marks anyway, I can feel that my skin is liking it!

Bio oil... they're selling it in homebargains at the min xx

I think I'm screwed cos I've already got what I think are stretch marks on my leg from growing quickly as a teenager. I think I'm going to go for some sort of prevention cream, not sure which yet, and whatever the stuff is that makes them fade quicker afterwards as well (can't remember the name but I've seen it on tv/in magazines)

Not that I want to sound b-tchy or rain on anyone's parade but my doctor told me stretch marks are not helped by creams, it's your skins natural elasticity and as well as genetics. My mom got one stretchmark and my grandmother didn't get any, doesn't mean it's impossible for me to get them but chances are lower. If you scratch your tummy significantly then you can cause them... it tears the top layers of skin and makes you more likely to make lines(marks) in the skin. I found an article on babycenter(.com) that went into details about stretchmarks after googling it- so I pasted it below. Hope that helps!! Send you all best wishes on avoiding the lines!!! xoxox

What are stretch marks?
Stretch marks are small, depressed streaks in the skin that appear most often on the abdomen in the later stages of pregnancy when the belly is rapidly expanding to accommodate a growing baby. Some women also get them on their buttocks, thighs, hips, and breasts.

Stretch marks are caused by changes in the elastic supportive tissue that lies just beneath the skin. They start out pink, reddish brown, purple, or dark brown, depending on your skin color. They later fade, although they never totally disappear.

How can I tell if I'll get stretch marks?
It's hard to predict. At least half of all pregnant women get stretch marks, but no one really knows why some women get them and others don't. Research suggests that genetics plays a role: If your mother or sister got stretch marks during pregnancy, you're more likely to.

Whether you'll get stretch marks also depends on how much and how quickly your skin has to expand during your pregnancy.

"The skin is very elastic, but the weight gain that comes with pregnancy can be pretty dramatic, and sometimes it's more than the skin can handle," says Alexa Boer Kimball, an assistant professor of dermatology at Harvard. For this reason, you're more likely to get stretch marks if:

•You gain a lot of weight rapidly.
•You're carrying multiples.
•You're carrying a big baby.
•You have excess amniotic fluid.

What can I do to prevent stretch marks?
Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do. Gaining no more than the recommended amount of weight — in most cases, 25 to 35 pounds — and gaining it slowly may help reduce your chances of getting stretch marks.

There's no proof that any of the creams, salves, and oils that claim to prevent stretch marks actually work. (Keeping your belly well moisturized as it grows may reduce itching, though.)

Do stretch marks ever go away?
The good news is that stretch marks usually become considerably less noticeable about six to 12 months after childbirth. The pigmentation fades and they generally become lighter than the surrounding skin (the color will vary depending on your skin color), but their texture will remain the same.
Is there anything I can do to get rid of stretch marks later?
You won't be able to banish them altogether, but if your stretch marks still bother you after your pregnancy, talk to a dermatologist about ways to minimize them. There are a variety of treatment options.

Topical medications such as tretinoin (Retin-A) and glycolic acid may help. (Note: Retin-A is not safe to use during pregnancy and there's no reliable information on the amount excreted in breast milk or its effect on a nursing infant, so it's best avoided while breastfeeding.)

There's some evidence that laser treatments can help restore the skin's elasticity and also change the pigmentation so the stretch marks better match the rest of your skin.

Be aware that treatment to improve the appearance of stretch marks is considered a cosmetic issue and the cost of dermatology appointments, medications, or procedures probably won't be covered by insurance.

i used nivea toning cream quite cheap (under a fiver) only got a few stretch marks with 1st)

I swear by The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Mosturizing Stick! I used it faithfully with DS & didn't get one stretch mark. Also great for itchy & dry areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"