best time of bedding after hcg trigger shot?

mera.mera

Reaction score
When must we bedding after tbe hcg trigger shot? We did it once 15 hours past the injection so when should the next time would be? Is after the 15 hours with more 24 hours which would be about 39 hours post the trigger would be good or late??

It depends, are you going to have an IUI or are you just trying naturally? Do you know when you can expect to O after the trigger? The trigger I took for my IUI was set to induce O around 38-42 hours later but I'm sure it depends on which one you took.

If you're trying naturally and you know your trigger will induce O about 38-42 hours after you took it, it would be best to BD as much as possible before or within this time frame in my opinion. It would be best if your DH could "reload" for 36 hours (as that's how much time your DH needs to stock up again on a full load of :spermy:). But I know some BD 2x a day when O is fast approaching and if you have no reason to belive your DH has a sperm issue, then you could try that unless you think it's too much.

If you're doing an IUI than you shouldn't BD for about 2 days which usually fits in with that when you trigger, no more BDing so your DH's sample is optimal for the IUI.

But it sounds to me like it's a natural BDing.

It depends, are you going to have an IUI or are you just trying naturally? Do you know when you can expect to O after the trigger? The trigger I took for my IUI was set to induce O around 38-42 hours later but I'm sure it depends on which one you took.

If you're trying naturally and you know your trigger will induce O about 38-42 hours after you took it, it would be best to BD as much as possible before or within this time frame in my opinion. It would be best if your DH could "reload" for 36 hours (as that's how much time your DH needs to stock up again on a full load of :spermy:). But I know some BD 2x a day when O is fast approaching and if you have no reason to belive your DH has a sperm issue, then you could try that unless you think it's too much.

If you're doing an IUI than you shouldn't BD for about 2 days which usually fits in with that when you trigger, no more BDing so your DH's sample is optimal for the IUI.

But it sounds to me like it's a natural BDing.

Well 1st thaks for replying .. i don't know what IUI refers to?? Anyway i took clomid the checked with US on cd12 then the doctor gave me choriomon 5000 x2 which means 10,000 and said bedding should be next day because i took my hcg trigger at 8.30 pm so we bedd at 11.30 am which is 15 hours past the trigger so i'm wondering when should we bed again? As i feel pain in my right ovray after the trigger with 6 hours so i donno can i ovulate this faster? And as i know ppl always ovulate 24 to 36 hours past the trigger so dunno whats going on as this is my 1st round of medication

IUI = Intrauterine Insemination and is when they inseminate you with sperm directly into your uterus. But I'm guessing from that question that you're not having one:winkwink:

I don't know if it makes much difference in exact hours when you BD. So I can't give you an exact hour you should BD as I don't think conception works that way:nope: I do know that the egg survives for 12-24 hours after it's released while sperm can survive from anywhere between 1-5 days (some say they can even live for as long as 7 days) although the average is 3 days. So it's best to BD as much as possible before and maybe shortly after you O for the best chances of conception. But even if you're BDing the "right" days, it doesn't always ensure conception. Some people get pregnant from BDing 4 days before O, some 2 days before or the day before, it's all up to chance. I would think BDing shortly before you're due to O would give you a good chance. So maybe around 22-48 hours after your trigger (with the lower end of that range perhaps being a bit more optimal, maybe)? Can't give you anything more specific as nothing is definite. Conception is by no means an exact science:shrug:

As to the ovary pain there are also some women who get that before they O so it doesn't necessarily mean that you did O already or are Oing this minute. It could be you're about to O. I don't really get ovary pain myself at all, just a backache shortly before I O. So it's all very individual.

Hope this helps and good luck :dust:

I would BD every other day till your confirmed ovulation.

But is that really the best strategy when she's taken a trigger shot that induces O between 24 og 36 hours after she took the shot? I know that's the advice for natural cycles but I think generally trigger shots are pretty reliable and her O shouldn't come long after the 36 hours after she triggered. I don't think she can use OPKs because of the trigger (since it's HCG) and if she doesn't temp, has no way of confirming O:wacko:

But is that really the best strategy when she's taken a trigger shot that induces O between 24 og 36 hours after she took the shot? I know that's the advice for natural cycles but I think generally trigger shots are pretty reliable and her O shouldn't come long after the 36 hours after she triggered. I don't think she can use OPKs because of the trigger (since it's HCG) and if she doesn't temp, has no way of confirming O:wacko:

Well i wondring the same as i took hcg so can't use opks but i was temping and i take the trigger at 8.30 pm then the next day morning at 10.30 am which is 14 hours post the trigger shot i got a temp drop it was 36.4 then dropped to 36.0 which is .4 degree so it could be my ovulation day right?? I'll temp tomorrow too to see if i got temp rise or drop again

I see your point and yes it would be best to BD again close to or before the 36 hour mark. sorry I am new to HCG triggers.

I see your point and yes it would be best to BD again close to or before the 36 hour mark. sorry I am new to HCG triggers.

Me too its my first time hope it works

I did my trigger shot yesterday , I hope it works for both of us.:hugs:

I did my trigger shot yesterday , I hope it works for both of us.:hugs:

Good luck when r u going to test?

I am not sure ,I am still debating whether to test out the trigger or wait till 10dpo to start testing. I started to surge just before the trigger so we did IUI 12 hours later.

When are you testing?.

Well i'm the same thinking would i test out the trigger as i already bought some cheap tests or wait till 13dpT but i guess i'll start testing out in 9dpT as i searched alot and found most ppl the trigger was out at 8/9/10 dpT and a little was at 11dpT for the trigger 10.000 unit

Well i couldn't hold hahahaha i'm very impatient i tried to test now curious to see what will i get and i was surprised .. it's OUT!! I don't know if there is something wrong i was on 2 choriomon which is 10.000 units i see a very very very faint line which is hardly seen or it isn't there and it's in my mind lol i tried to take a photo but it isn't there when i photo
I was holding pee for about 4 hours and drinked a cup of nescafe in the middle dunno if that not enough time and affected the test i'm now 4 dpT .. or the test is bad i never test with cheap but when i searched i found girls who are testing out they are all use cheap and the lines is more more darker than mine so dunno ... my doctor advised me to drink alot of water after injection i didn't ask why but i found on google a girl saying that it could make the trigger go out faster so maybe it worked .. time will prove when i test again

https://s30.postimg.org/ctzrukgxd/IMG_20150201_045416.jpg

Strange for it to be out already ,I would think the cheap tests are not very sensitive to pick up whats still in your system or you have a fast metabolism and all that water maybe helped clear it from your system . I only did a 5000iu trigger and I tested yesterday and mine are positive but faint so I think it will be out of my system in 2-3 days. my BBs are extremely sore but im sure its from the trigger, are you having any symptoms yet?.

You know what may be happening with your test is the HOOK effect ,the HPT is meant to detect small levels of HCG so when HCG is in the thousands the HPT has a hard time picking it up correctly and it can cause a false negative or very faint positive, try diluting your urine with 50% water and see if you get two lines.

You know what may be happening with your test is the HOOK effect ,the HPT is meant to detect small levels of HCG so when HCG is in the thousands the HPT has a hard time picking it up correctly and it can cause a false negative or very faint positive, try diluting your urine with 50% water and see if you get two lines.

Really? Well yest test was 4 Am so i tried today with FMU at 3 Pm as i wake up late and tried 2 types of tests and got a faint line on the other type it's faint but it's clearly there although both were cheap so i think after i got the faint positive today i decided to start testing 9dpT with the test which gave me the faint line ..and for you the 5000 unit i guess it became out 6 to 7 days maximum as i read .. and about the symptoms i'm hardly feel something in my BB and only one of them but today i start feeling a little pain in my lower back but i guess all of this from the trigger it's a pregnancy hormone so we might feel pregnancy symptoms i think any symptoms before AF date would be false right?

https://s10.postimg.org/3zjdhxzy1/IMG_20150201_154257.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"