Best time of day for OPK?

Sophie1205

TTC #2
Reaction score
What time of day does everyone do an ovulation test? I’m reading so much conflicting advice on whether it should be first thing in the morning or afternoon. Some say definitely don’t use FMU! I’m confused I struggle to hold my wee in the day so I feel like FMU is best for me but some sites are saying LH surge usually happens in the morning and not detectable on a test until 4 hours later. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I think they say it’s best between 10am and 7pm but not sure where I read it!
SMU around 11am always works best for me.

Fab thank you both :) so I just need to get into a routine of holding it for 2 hours ish after FMU and then testing. I don’t know why but I pee so often haha!

Haha once you know that you have to hold it, it’s so much harder. Which opk are you using though? I used to use the cb advanced, and it said specifically either use fmu or a 4 hour hold little to no liquids (because that’s possible). But it says consider testing in afternoon and evening as well once you get closer to potential O. So I’d test with cheapies 3x a day (FMU, noon, evening) and if I got something that looked positive then I’d try the cb. I have read that most women surge in the afternoon, and I definitely always started my surge in the afternoon. So I’m pro using cheapies to test multiple times a day lol

Haha once you know that you have to hold it, it’s so much harder. Which opk are you using though? I used to use the cb advanced, and it said specifically either use fmu or a 4 hour hold little to no liquids (because that’s possible). But it says consider testing in afternoon and evening as well once you get closer to potential O. So I’d test with cheapies 3x a day (FMU, noon, evening) and if I got something that looked positive then I’d try the cb. I have read that most women surge in the afternoon, and I definitely always started my surge in the afternoon. So I’m pro using cheapies to test multiple times a day lol

Haha yes so true!! Thank you that’s really helpful :) Yeah I’m only using cheapies anyway so it could be worth testing a couple of times a day! Do you hold for a couple of hours before each test?

I usually do them between 2pm and 8pm but I also do at least three a day from the end of af to a day after ovulation and I do sometimes include fmu or morning at some point because I have had positives then occasionally too although usually late afternoon or evening. I use One Step OPKs. I found the Easy@home OPKs consistently gave me dark lines for days and even when the other OPKs were positive they still weren’t, they just stayed dark. Eventually on my second or third day of positives they decided to go positive. Probably wouldn’t buy them again as it was too confusing. The One Step OPKs, unlike their HPTs, always been reliable for me

Haha yes so true!! Thank you that’s really helpful :) Yeah I’m only using cheapies anyway so it could be worth testing a couple of times a day! Do you hold for a couple of hours before each test?

you know... it was like 4 years ago :rofl: so I don’t recall. I don’t believe I did BUT I also don’t drink a lot of water between breakfast/lunch or quite frankly at all. It’s a bad habit of mine. I think I was just sure to hold it for 2-3 hours and I never had an issue with concentration

you know... it was like 4 years ago :rofl: so I don’t recall. I don’t believe I did BUT I also don’t drink a lot of water between breakfast/lunch or quite frankly at all. It’s a bad habit of mine. I think I was just sure to hold it for 2-3 hours and I never had an issue with concentration

No I don’t really hold it either and I tend to drink more in the morning and evening

Thanks everyone. I’ll give it a go tomorrow testing a few times in the day :) xx

Does this look like progress?? Am I getting closer to ovulation or does it just mean absolutely nothing! I have PCOS so I’m unsure. Xx

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Definitely looks progressing. I also have pcos but my opks didn’t progress. They were all over the place. Lol like one day I’d be a hair shy of positive and the next absolutely nada. Or day super clearly beg then the next bam positive. I do not miss it haha. Are you due to O soonish?

Oh yay I hope it is progress! I have no idea when I am due to O as I’m currently on cycle day 167!!! But I’ve just started to lose weight and my periods normally come back when I lose a few pounds. So if those OPK’s are looking good it could be soon! Xx

Oh man, but I agree with Bev. Looks super promising. Hoping you get that positive soon!

Thank you! I’ve started taking conceive plus fertility support and ovulation support so that may help. Has anyone taken those before? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->