Best time of day to use OPK?

jaytee

Reaction score
What time do you test?

Do you hold your pee for hours before testing?

Do you not drink anything an hour before testing?

What do you do? Which brand of test do you use?

I use internet cheapies from babymad and don't find any problems with these. I test around 2pm and again around 6 or 7pm and find that this way i always catch the +opk.

I think it's recommended that you reduce your fluid intake before testing. personally i don't 'hold it in' or stop drinking, i just try not to drink too much.

Ive read that best result is betwen 2pm-4pm.

aww thankx girls :hugs:

I used to test at 2pm and then again at 5:30pm so I might just do that again this cycle :happydance:

Do you gals test at work? I mean I'd have to test at 6pm when I got home otherwise.

I test at work, I take my bag into the ladies on the way out to lunch and do it then. I just have to wait until I'm alone again to look at the result!

I've only ever used clearblue ones which are really expensive so I've never done two tests in one day - what does everyone think of the internet cheapies? Would it be worth me getting cheaper ones so I can retest after work?

Re the drinking thing, I usually try not to drink much for about 2 hours before I test - just take a few sips of water if I feel really thirsty and then drink loads as soon as I've done the test.

According to my tests it says to test between 10am and 9pm and try not to drink too much beforehand! Good luck!

xx

i test at about 6pm when I get home, wouldn't want to test at work.

I use the dip strips (vs. actually peeing on the stick)so Im peeing in a dispos. cup. Bought them online. Even when getting negatives I noticed that much easier to read if my pee was very yellow (tmi - sorry) So started to stop drinking fluids a few hours before hand and then every time I pee after stopping drinking I pee in a cup - if its very light colored I just throw it & try again later and when it was more yellow this is when I would test. This way I felt like I wasn't wasting test strips. I work at home - so don't have issue of what time of day to test. I usually do 2 tests a day.

I tested between about 2pm and 10pm every day.
I used internet cheapies, although, I think I might get a CBFM next month (if no BFP) as I tested at least twice a day from CD8 to CD23 and got no positive result at all... even though am on a 28 day cycle.
I held pee for a few hours before testing and just took sips of fluid if I needed to.
Good luck.xxx

old thread but interesting

i have the clear blue opks using them this month first time think im gonna get dollar stor new choice ones to next week when im clost to O so i can test more lol

I'm on day 8 of testing & have been doing it around 6pm every night. Each test has had the exact same line.

Starting to think I'm not going to O or I've missed it.

So frustrating

hello hun are you on cycle day 8 i am to!

I test as soon as I wake up in the morning (around 7am) and when I get home from work (around 6)pm)

I'm also on cycle day 16 with no positive opk...I have one more text in the box and then I'm giving up!

Can they be wrong and not detect?

How long is the surge? If I'm only testing every 24 hours I could easily miss it if it Lasts less than that

My line is now non existent! :0(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->