Best time to book early scan?

Thisismyyear

Expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi all

Just looking for advice on the best time to book an early scan. I don't want to book it too early to see a heartbeat as I know i won't be reassured and I'll want to go again which will get expensive.

The clinics I looked at in all London range from 5 to 7 weeks for the earliest scan date. Is it likely that we'll see a heartbeat at 7 weeks (obviously assuming my dates are correct).

Last time I went at 9 weeks but It Was a surprise BFP at 6 weeks so I didn't have as long to wait.

Thanks

6 weeks plus to see a heartbeat. I have a history of mc and ectopic and I'm getting seen by the EPU for a scan at 7 weeks.

I had a scan at 7+1. Saw heartbeat and little jelly bean in the right place :)

I had an early one with this pregnancy at 8 weeks and last pregnancy at 7+4 with both their was a nice strong heartbeat and a jellybean looking baby!! X

At 7 weeks you would definitely expect to see a heartbeat. I had a scan at 7 weeks with my daughter and we saw her heartbeat and she was a tiny little blob in the corner of her gestational sac. Was lovely and reassuring.

Thanks all, that's helpful. I'll wait for 7+ weeks ��

The earliest my local one in Doncaster will do it is 7 weeks they said there's not much point before then especially as so early you could have a scan and it still go wrong.
I have mine on Friday I'll be 7+4 and can't wait

Hi we went to a place on Harley street, very good, think it was£100 for the early scan.

They put me back a week I thought I was 8+5 and they said 7+5 but we saw a little bean and a heartbeat so all good :)

The sonograoher was brilliant and even told me what ovary I released my egg from.

Xxx

I saw one at 7 wks exactly, but not one at 5.4 (I didn't even want one that early but I'm high risk). The tech doubted we'd see something much before 6 weeks. I would hold off so that you see the most and it's the best experience possible. Even though you know it might be too early, it's stressful to not see what you're hoping for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->