Best time to conceive...morn, afternoon...eve?

BroodyBecks

Mummy to Arabella
Reaction score
hello ladies,
I have heard all sorts...............does anyone actually know??:wacko:

xxxxx

scientist say between 5pm and 7pm for men as thats when there sperm is at there peak

Everything I have ever read says the sperm count is the highest in the morning and afternoon....

Research has suggested that the best time of day to make love if you are looking to conceive is actually in the morning - rather than in the evening after an exhausting day at work!

The reason for this is apparently that at this time of day the hormone levels in the man are highest as is the sperm count - therefore this will increase the chance of conception successfully occurring as desired.

DH and I are morning people and we have had 4 BFP's because of it :haha:
In the end it only takes one little guy so just do it when ever you feel like it!

i cant see how someone can say youre more likely to concieve in the morning or afternoon than at night.. i think its just scientists looking to much into things.

if its gonna happen itll happen no matter what time of day it is. i concieved at night when i was pregnant in April i know that for a fact :) x

I think its the same old story, people looking for exact answers, but every single person in the world is different. Your body will not react the same as maybe your friends does. Obviousley after a hard day at work your partner will probably be tired, but after a cat nap and some food and drink, they will be refreshed, its not the sperm that eat, they play the same role throughout!

I think its the same old story, people looking for exact answers, but every single person in the world is different. Your body will not react the same as maybe your friends does. Obviousley after a hard day at work your partner will probably be tired, but after a cat nap and some food and drink, they will be refreshed, its not the sperm that eat, they play the same role throughout!

i agree! x

We have always done it at night before going to sleep- the sperm stays in there through til morning.

When we have done it morning/afternoon even laying there for 20mins or so, I have still felt I have lots half of it when getting up.

I have read somewhere that studies show there is very little difference in sperm quality between night & morning. There is a difference, but it is marginal. I am trying to find the article that I read so that I can post it on here! When I find it I will post it! I have also heard that most woman ovulate between 3pm-7pm and that the absolute peak fertile time is between 5pm-7pm on ovulation day. If I can find that article I will post it as well! I think it all depends really on (a) how long the sperm can last in your enviroment (as everyone is different) and (b) how long it takes for your egg to break down (as again everyone is different). I don't really think there is a "best" time but if there is anyone has any evidence to say there is please let us know!

Just found it!

https://www.babyhopes.com/articles/howfrequently.html

"Day or night!
Some people believe that day is a better time for baby making sex because the sperm count is higher then as compared to nights. While some studies claim that a man’s sperm count may be higher in the morning, the differences are minimal. This slight difference in the sperm count is inconsequential is affecting your chances of getting pregnant. Recent research shows that the best time of the day for sex if you wanted to get pregnant was in the early evening between 5 and 7 pm, when sperm counts are up to 35% higher, sperm are livelier, and women are more likely to ovulate. Keep in mind that far more important than the time of day is the time of the woman’s cycle."

I believe in afternoon baby making, when I got pregnant in May we made love 5 times all in the afternoon (hubs was on an early shift and kids at school lol) and our bean was conceieved (sadly MC).

Just had chemical but again conceived in afternoon, I am a firm believer in afternoon but im not a scientist so who knows.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->