Best type of cot mattress?

pink_musician

Pregnant with 1st Child
Reaction score
Hiya ive seen a cute cot where i work so im looking into placing an order for one but im confused on whats the best mattress?? Are just the normal foam ones good or am i best to get one of the sprung ones? Im not quite sure?? xxxx

It dont really matter.but for peace of mind I'd pay midrange for one.My little one has a mothercare spring interior.It does tend to keep shape better and it is breathable.Foam is ok but i dont think they last as long xx

when i got mine they said foam lasts a year max, but a spring one should last up to 5-7 years (mines a cotbed) and i got one for 70 quid from babies r us, its designed to keep the temperature of baby correct and steady
x

when i got mine they said foam lasts a year max, but a spring one should last up to 5-7 years (mines a cotbed) and i got one for 70 quid from babies r us, its designed to keep the temperature of baby correct and steady
x

Yep i got the cot bed one 2.I also paid a bomb the other day for special duvet,pillow & bedding.Unbeliveable.£13.99 pillow,£16.99 Duvet,£24.99 for duvet cover and pillow slip.I hit ebay last night got a brand new set for a fiver.Have a look on line for a deal on materess

i got a sprung mattress from mothercare as i read they're better and last longer than the foam ones

I got a sprung one!! i know i wouldnt like to sleep on a bit of foam so neither would he!!

x

I ordered a sprung one yesterday from mothercare, last longer and better quality in my opinion x

Hiya ive seen a cute cot where i work so im looking into placing an order for one but im confused on whats the best mattress?? Are just the normal foam ones good or am i best to get one of the sprung ones? Im not quite sure?? xxxx

The foam ones are absolutely rubbish and become indented where baby lies within a few weeks...I've had 3 (cot, crib and moses basket) and it happened with all of them:hissy:

Definitely a sprung mattress, there are many variations of sprung mattresses too but as long as it's sprung and has a removable, washable top part (in case of accidents, sick, poo etc:dohh:) then that should be enough. Anti-allergy is very expensive and it's cheaper to buy an anti-allergy mattress protector than the mattress:happydance:

Great thanks for that i thought sprung would more then likely be best option theres all these different types of things for babies and as its my first im getting confused haha xx

We've gone for a sprung one too - was happy to pay a little more so that it lasts the distance! I've heard foam ones are crap too.

x

Sounds like what we'll get. We've a cotbed and are going to get sprung from same place for same price! I hope you think it's good!

WE have this one, it was recommended in several shops including the place we bought our furniture from. Suitable from newborn.

https://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product-sleepsafe-regulair-mattress-size-400-cotbed/3969000/type-i/

I got a sprung one i bought this one, am not sure if its expensive or not i just thought it looked really good :)
https://www.babymattressesonline.co...c-fully-sprung-mattress-for-cots-product.html
They have sooo much to choose from on the website and lots of info on each different type!

i have just ordered my cotbed and a sprung mattress from M&P, they last a good few years so im told so paid a bit more for one xxx mine has removable waterproof cover and stuff which i thought may come in handy!! xx

I bought sprung too, John Lewis have some good mid-price ones.

Me and my OH want to get a sprung mattress for the cotbed we're getting. It should hopefully last a lot longer than the foam ones and they look better too for bump to sleep on.

I went for a midrange sprung one from Mamas and Papas think it was around £125 reduced to £80 or something like that. The do say they last longer xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->