Best type of hose for filling birth pool

snagglepat

Mum of 1, another cooking
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Our midwife will be dropping off our pool next week and she's bringing everything - liner, pumps, tap adaptors etc but not a hose which I hadn't realised until we spoke last week. We need to use a brand new one (which makes perfect sense) so it's gone on our shopping list.

I was just wondering if any of you wise women knew if there was a better type of hose to go for. I was planning to go for a standard 15m garden hose from the local DIY/garden store but before I go out and buy it I thought I'd ask if there's anything I should be aware of. Is one type of hose better than another or are they all much of a muchness?

Thanks in advance!

Gina.

Not sure of the best type but I do know that it needs to be Non-toxic and heat resistance. I found this one we are probably going to get: hose

I was told it needed to be sterlized first though. And the lovely ladies here gave me the idea of using the pump with a big bucket, putting Milton in the water buckets and just pumping it through till it's finished.

I just used the regular garden hose for it. I had to get a different piece for it to fit on my kitchen sink, but other than that it worked great.

Yeah, I figured some kind of sterilisation might be in order whatever type we went for. Good idea about the bucket of milton. :) Thanks for the tips folks!

Gina.

I got mine from our local caravan supplies place. It's clear 'food grade' hosing which you use for your drinking water supply when camping. I did milton it first too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->