Best way of weaning off dummy?

**angel**

SAHM to 4 babas
Reaction score
Kaleb has dummy alot :( but also pulls it out alot lol espec when not swaddled at night i want to stop swaddling as he keeps escaping..waking up then i have to put dummy back in...i have tried him without dummy to go to sleep but he screams so much and he then gets himself in a right state very quickly and wont settle atall (does this if i try him in cot during day but is fine by night!!)

Any words of advice?? He is sucking his hands loads but is teething too!! xx

Ive found cold turkey is only way that works but its hard but gets easier

i want to go cold turkey too but hubby is aginst it, so now i only give harry a dummy maybe 2/3 times in a day to help sooth for a nap and thats it...not a night at all

I went cold turkey with Seren, it was rough for a couple of days but then it got better.
You could try just cutting down and only giving it at a certain time if you don't want to go cold turkey x

IMO Cutting it down is worse due to baby being confused why they can only have it alittle ...if u cut it out completley within a week they will forgot

trouble is he gets in big state..sweating, coughing, going stiff etc when he doesnt have it for comfort so dont think it wud be good 4 him iykwim??

with my eldest he had a dummy until he was 2.5yrs. we then explained that only babies had dummies and he put the all in the cot for his baby brother and never looked back.

middle 1 had a dummy for about 8weeks, sucked to go sleep then spat it out, so i stopped giving it to him. had a few teary nights getting off to sleep but was fine.

blake has 1 as he chomps his fist, and it isnt cos he hungry. again he sucks it to go sleep then spits it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->