Best wipes for nappy rash

mama2b

Mummy & TTC
Reaction score
I usually use the naturecare baby wipes as they are eco friendly and all that but Lucas has started to get nappy rash since being established on solids and I don't think the wipes I use are helping.

Any reccomendations ?

hmm we use pampers baby dry ones so far so good, Matthew has luckily never suffered from nappy rash, maybe something he is eating not agreeing with him?

Plenty of barrier cream to sothe it and build a moisture barrier and maybe if its very sore and red bathe his toosh with lukewarm water and cotton wool instead of wipes if its just a piddle til it dies down xx

I use the huggies cucumber ones...I think their fab and really soft....but Olivia has never had nappy rash so not sure if they irritate it more.

i would just use water, or cooled camomile tea and cotton pads.

When my kids had rashes the doctor recommended using warm water and cloths that were washed and rinsed twice so the soap residue doesnt affect the bummy area. Even some time out of the diaper on the kitchen floor or something to let the rash air dry cus moisture will keep it.

I would also recommend not using wipes at all and using warm water instead. My HV said that wipes are not always very effective at cleaning and traces of acidic urine/poo can remain on the skin (sorry!) causing a rash.

We now use Waitrose own fragrance free wipes and these are fine - I find own brand fragrance free wipes to be the best and not a complete rip off like the brands either.

Agreed -- warm water and a soft, well rinsed cloth are best.

Also I have found that Eucerin Aquaphor for babies is ace for redness and rash!

the best combination for us has been the johnstons extra protection ones (the ones with willow herb in) & green baby organics nappy balm... since using this combo we have been nappy rash free for months!

I have always used pampers sensitive with my daughter and she never gets nappy rash with them xx

when jack gets nappy rash i only use water and cotton wool for a couple of days and it clears really fast. x

I agree with the advice re water and cotton wall as well as plenty of fresh air. We've only had one incident of nappy rash which required a trip to the Dr. We only use fragrance free and find Sainsburys the best, esp as they have the plastic "lid" so they stay fresh.

i also agree hun - we dont use disposable wipes so i cant really recommend any but while he has the rash i would just use water or a cooled Chamomile tea solution and plenty of nappy free time :thumbup:

We use Johnsons Aloe Vera coupled with Weleda nappy cream (calendula) and DD has a rash free bot so far!

Our nurse said just to use water. She said most of the babies they see with sensitive skin it's because of Pampers and Johnston baby products. She said even when you bath them you can use plain water you dont need all the lotions and potions.

Best products are Bepanthen, Sudocrem, almond oil (ask your pharmacist, we got small bottle for 69p) and standard olive oil. Johnston and Pampers et al try and convince you you need to spend all that money on their dodgy products, you dont.

We found using cotton wool and warm water helped hell of alot as connah too has sarted to get a rash since moving onto solids.
Also plenty of sudocreme x

My little miss had a bum like a babboon week before last due to teething - and I mean blisters and everything (appeared overnight).

I have been cleaning her bum with almond oil with some lavender oil in it, which is working like a charm. She would scream when we used wipes on her - and we tried quite a few (including the naturecare ones).

We also have lots of nappy off time - when we get up in the morning, after her feed, she spends a good half hour on her matt with her nappy off. We do that prob 3 or 4 times during the day.

I'd stick to warm water and cotton wool - it's the safest, and you know it won't be doing any damage. I'd also let LO have as much time without a nappy on as possible, and change the nappy every hour or so until it clears. Harry has never had nappy rash, but has had a bit of a sore red bum a few times. Just keep it clean, aired and use Sudacrem at night.

Those wipes are bad imo. Totally unnecessary.

They are definitely not ideal, no doubt about it. But saying "totally" unnecessary isn't always true, unfortunately. :(

I have to use disposable diapers and wet wipes part time as LO is in daycare because I have to work full time. They won't take cloth diapers and wipes. :nope: So, for me, they actually are necessary.

I started cloth diapering on weekends and evenings when I can... but no way around the disposable stuff while he is in care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->