Best yogurts / fromage frais

leannehurren

Reaction score
Just wondered what type of fromage frais / yogurt most people give their babies - wondered if petit filous etc have too much sugar?

i get Rachels yoghurts or yeo valley ones

Rachels yoghurts are yummy and the m and s baby ones are absolutely to die for but my lo is 10 months so not sure if suitable for little ones x

The Yeo Valley are good. Emma likes the Yeo Valley tubes ones she squeezes out herself best!

the yeo valley have to be the small ones apparently...the big ones are full of sugar x

Rachels yoghurts are yummy and the m and s baby ones are absolutely to die for but my lo is 10 months so not sure if suitable for little ones x

Yogurt/dairy is good from 6 months. :thumbup:

When i give my LO his yoghurts i lick the underside of the spoon to stop it dripping :haha: and if he doesn't finish them, then i do :happydance:

When i give my LO his yoghurts i lick the underside of the spoon to stop it dripping :haha: and if he doesn't finish them, then i do :happydance:

So did I until I noticed one of the ingredients was cream! :blush:

I give Plum fromage frais, sainsburys kids fromage frais, little yeo or rachels yoghurts. :)

i got annihilated by nutritionalist at a weaning group made me feel about that big, aiden loves em i always bought em for him he only has about 2 pots a week, app they have high sugar but fruit contains sugar too, this is one of those where people will say NOOOOOO but its not exactly a mccy Ds so i do buy em sometimes xx

My dd loves the yeo valley strawberry yogurt. I mix it in with her porridge on a morning as well as petit filous (sp) I don't buy these very often.

on a side note, has anyone tried the Muller little Stars Yogurts? or are they full of sugar? I've not read the labels so not sure whether I should buy any or not.

i got annihilated by nutritionalist at a weaning group made me feel about that big, aiden loves em i always bought em for him he only has about 2 pots a week, app they have high sugar but fruit contains sugar too, this is one of those where people will say NOOOOOO but its not exactly a mccy Ds so i do buy em sometimes xx

I doubt they're the worst thing ever (we don't have them here so I have no idea of the nutritional labeling), but sugar from fruit is very different to added refined sugar so it's kind an apples to oranges comparison. :thumbup:

I didn't realise you could give babies yoghurt over 6 month! you learn something new everyday! Can you buy plain yoghurt and mix berries/banana in it too?

I didn't realise you could give babies yoghurt over 6 month! you learn something new everyday! Can you buy plain yoghurt and mix berries/banana in it too?

That's what I do. I buy plain full fat greek yogurt and mix in either some fruit puree, or just fresh cut fruit for him to pick out. Sometimes with berries, I'll microwave them for about 20-30 seconds so that they stew slightly and then mix it all into the yogurt so that the juice gets all mixed in and the fruit is soft and squishy.

We don't get a massive selection here (we have stuff shipped from the UK, but because everything is shipped for an entire supermarket, they only buy limited brands), but we do have Muller Little Stars, Munch Bunch, Petit Filous and the Danone Petit Suisse (don't know if this is available in the UK :confused:)

I think Muller Little Stars is good; they do both yoghurts and fromage frais. My LO prefers Petit Filous and Munch Bunch, which are probably more sgary, but my LO doesn't have much of a resatriction on sugar, because we have to try to boost her calorie intake :shrug:

That's what I do. I buy plain full fat greek yogurt and mix in either some fruit puree, or just fresh cut fruit for him to pick out. Sometimes with berries, I'll microwave them for about 20-30 seconds so that they stew slightly and then mix it all into the yogurt so that the juice gets all mixed in and the fruit is soft and squishy.
I heard you shouldn't give them adult yogurts, especially natural yogurts, or those with "good bacteria" etc, because apparently babies can't digest it? :shrug:

I heard you shouldn't give them adult yogurts, especially natural yogurts, or those with "good bacteria" etc, because apparently babies can't digest it? :shrug:

Eeek anyone know if thats true? I've been giving my lo full fat natural yogurt and she loves it :shrug:

Ermm, that's the first I've ever heard of it, especially since probiotics are good for babies as well as children and adults and are found naturally in breastmilk. My pediatrician actually recommended using supplemental probiotics (the 'good bacteria' in yogurt) to help with Ronan's reflux when he was wee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"