Bet you’ve never heard of this one before – a complicated pregnancy

Carlimad

Reaction score
Had my first scan today (6 weeks). It showed (the doctor thinks), 2 babies, one heartbeat (he said he couldn’t be sure the other image was a baby), an irregular shaped sac and cyst on right ovary. I think the 2 were in one sac but was so shocked I forgot to ask. Anyone had any similar experiences (although not holding my breath on this one). Have been told to wait 2 weeks til next scan to see what happens - nightmare

I hope everything is fine Hun. Please update us:hugs:

Didn't want to R&R, but I've never had that happen before. Hope everything is fine, though!

Not heard of this myself either. I'd say Dr Google but that normally brings up horror stories.
I hope your next scan goes well, you could always phone the department and just ask to have a chat to clarify what happened. It is a bit of a load to take in.

My aunt had twins and for multiple scans their heart beats were in sync seeming as one. Also, some twins do share the same placenta/sac. Its not completely uncommon. I hope everything goes well... definetly keep us updated!

their heartbeats could well just be in sync esp if they are sharing a sac. or since their hearts wouldnt always start exactly the same time perhaps one has just started and the other yet to start?

I was thinking that one might not have started beating yet hun dont fret xx

Twins in the same sack are referred to as 'mono amniotic twins' it's semi-common in identical twins.

6 weeks is still on the early side for seeing a hb anyway (some do, some don't and it's not a cause for worry for those who don't). It wouldn't be unusual at all for one twin to have a hb already and the other to be a bit behind. Hope all is well for the remainder of your pregnancy :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->