Beta blockers during pregnancy.... Safe? Help please!

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I just got my BFP today.... I'm so excited (it was a bit unexpected) .....also leaving me a bit worried because I am on a medication for tachycardia (rapid heart rate) ..... I am on metroprolol (generic for Lopressor) ..... I have a dr apt tomorrow but debating taking my meds tonight or in the morning.....

ANY input on this would be so greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

No idea.. your GP will have advice for you. Hope it all works out for you x

I have been on labetalol during pregnancy which is a beta blicker, but Definitely see your gp asap to double check and don't stop any meds. I have high blood pressure and some meds are preferred over others, but its always not recommended to stop them suddenly I was told

Thanks ladies.... I have an OB apt today,.... Ginny83 did you have a normal healthy pregnancy on the meds?

First time I was put on them was late in my pregnancy with my son, I had developed pregnancy induced hypertension. Then had 3 miscarriages not being on anything. Then developed high blood pressure and was put back on labetalol while TTC and the first few weeks of the next pregnancy, for some reason they wanted to change my meds - methyldopa not sure if this is a beta blocker. I lost that pregnancy and now pregnant again still on blood pressure meds from TTC.

The losses were not due to the meds, but I guess there is a chance they were due to the high blood pressure even though it was controlled - they think though I have miscarriages due to autoimmune issues. For me any risk from the blood pressure meds are much less than from having high blood pressure. I just remember being told that if I suddenly stop them it can cause your blood pressure to go very high - might be different with your condition

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->