Beta HCG levels

CJHanson

2 boys 1 angel baking#4
Reaction score
Hey ladies! I am 5+2 with my 3rd. I ended up in the ER today because of a ripping pain across my c-section scar (everything turned out to be fine :happydance: ). Anyways, they did an ultrasound and saw the gestational sac which I know is right for around 5 weeks. Then before they released me the Dr. said my HCG was just over 1000. He said this is completely normal and healthy for how far along I am. I go in Friday to get it checked again. For some reason this seems low to me, anyone else?

I had mine done at 5+4 and it was 1,712. Normal range for 5 weeks varies greatly anywhere from 18-7,000 is normal. Glad all is well!

Yup I agree with above poster. Very normal.

Yours is very much in the normal range! Mine at 5+1 was 9713. Gestational sac is perfect! :)

Thanks, ladies! I don't remember what it was with my previous 2 but I just thought it was low. You have all made me feel so much better!

As the other posters have mentioned there is a wiiiiiiiddddddeeeee range of normal for hCG! At 5 weeks, the range is anywhere from 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml! This HUGE range is why many OB-GYNs/midwives do not even draw an hCG quant unless there is another indication, such as spotting or bleeding! You are at a PERFECT level for your stage of pregnancy! And do not compare it to other people's numbers at this stage, or even to your own levels in previous pregnancies, as there is, again, HUGE variation in what's normal. What matters is not so much the number, but that it is doubling every 48-72 hours.

Also remember, a single number does not a pattern make! If you were having other complications, such as spotting (of any color- dark brown to bright red), then a second hCG quant would be necessary and the percent increase every 48-72 hours, or the decrease, would most likely indicate a non-viable pregnancy (ectopic, blighted ovum, miscarriage).

If you can, sit back and relax. Your 1,000 mIU/ml is a beautiful number and is unique to this pregnancy. It's not high. It's not low. It's right where it should be and I am sure your little one is thriving. Don't stress about the number! Chanel this worry into loving vibes sent to your baby. You will know if and when something is amiss. You are a loving mother and have a mother's instinct. Keep us posted and a very happy and healthy pregnancy to you!

:hugs:

PS: Don't forget that a very high hCG can also indicate a problem with the pregnancy, such as a molar pregnancy! The first trimester JUST SUCKS! There is so much going on and so much to worry about. It doesn't take much to make a momma worry, that's for sure! But it's only because we love our little ones soooooo bloody much! You are going to be fine! May the first trimester be speedy for you!

So glad you posted this, I've been worried too. Rushed into epu yesterday for spotting and cramps, hcg was 1001 and now today it's 1406. Doctors seemed pleased over the rise but when I looked online it seems low for 5 weeks. Guess everyone is different. Time for me to stop googling things I think! Happy healthy 9 months to you!

GET AWAY FROM GOOGLE!!!!!!!!!!!! You will only find conflicting information and a wide range of outcomes and DEFINITELY nothing that will allow you to get the good night's sleep your quickly growing little one needs!

Both of you have beautiful hCGs for where you are in pregnancy. I wish that they never checked these levels for uncomplicated pregnancies! These tests should just be left to confirm VERY early pregnancy (like when it's too early to show up on a hpt) or when there are potential complications, such as spotting (anything that is brown to bright red)! Otherwise, this test does nothing but STRESS EXPECTING MOTHERS! Ugh! Trust me, I have been where you both are! Be grateful that your numbers are well within range. If you continue to be concerned, ask for another check! But remember that at a certain point in the pregnancy, a scan will be more accurate in determining the viability of the pregnancy. Both of your numbers are good. If need be, ask for a repeat hCG quant. After that, you should await the scan, which I feel very positively will show healthy little ones as you have beautiful hCG numbers for this stage of pregnancy. YOU WILL BOTH BE FINE! I have confidence. Sending you many wishes for a healthy and happy pregnancy! Keep us posted!:flower:

So glad you posted this, I've been worried too. Rushed into epu yesterday for spotting and cramps, hcg was 1001 and now today it's 1406. Doctors seemed pleased over the rise but when I looked online it seems low for 5 weeks. Guess everyone is different. Time for me to stop googling things I think! Happy healthy 9 months to you!
Awww! You're due the day after me! So exciting!

You are welcome! I am only giving you two some "tough love" b/c I have been in your shoes! The sleepless nights are NOT good for anyone (you, your SO, your LO)! In the first trimester there is so much to worry about, but there is SO LITTLE you can actually control, that's why I think we find little things to worry about (but then again it's also in our nature to worry as mothers) b/c it's something concrete we can monitor and compare and research! You are pregnant now and that is what you should focus on. Do absolutely everything you can to take care of your CURRENT pregnancy rather than focus on what could possibly go wrong, but HAS NOT! The first trimester is AWFUL! Very taxing on the mind and body! And while stress cannot cause issues with the pregnancy, if there is little to no reason to worry (like beautiful hCG numbers that seem "low"), then try to avoid it! There are some free guided meditations for fertility and pregnancy on YouTube and iTunes that may be helpful to you if you feel yourself starting to freak out over anything and everything (easy to do with hormones raging)!

I'm doing fine now lol I guess I just needed reassurance! I totally understand what you mean, this is my 3rd pregnancy and I'm just constantly worried but it's subsiding now, luckily. Now hopefully I can just move on to a happy healthy pregnancy! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I'm doing fine now lol I guess I just needed reassurance! I totally understand what you mean, this is my 3rd pregnancy and I'm just constantly worried but it's subsiding now, luckily. Now hopefully I can just move on to a happy healthy pregnancy! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Hahaha! Yes, I know what you mean re reassurance! I hope you don't think I was being too tough, but I do know what it's like to freak out over, and Google till the sun comes up, things like hCG! You're going to have your 3rd little one soon and that is a very beautiful thing! I am so happy for you. Glad you are feeling that you can move forward and just enjoy a happy, healthy pregnancy (though don't beat yourself up if you start to worry about something later… That's what mommas do)!

Your betas both seem fine to me and are very normal for 5 weeks I was 1434 at 19dpo too xx

Based on my LMP on 30th December hcg beta was 1434 and I was exactly 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant going off my last period xx

Mine are 1406 today and I'm 5+2. So very similar. Guess I will stop worrying. Thank you!

Why did my doctor tell me in the ER that a beta test of 1802 is "very low"? I'd be at 5 weeks by her calculations and everything I"ve seen on here is indicative that this is normal. It doesn't help I spotted a little, and she scared the shit out of me. I found out that I was pregnant and that she believed I was a threatened miscarriage risk all in the span of an hour. They had a hard time finding the gestational sac, and could only find a "thickening of the endometrium" and a small, small bubble that the ultrasound guy /thought/ could have been the gestational sac. I've been told to get it checked again in 2-4 days...This is terrifying because I've had a miscarriage before and we've been trying so hard. In her "professional opinion", I'm only 1 week pregnant. What's up with that? Please help...v.v

Last pregnancy I was at 306 at 4+6, so 1000 is totally normal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->