BETA Results not doubled -not even close...

glong88

Mummy to 2 boys and a princess
Reaction score
Hi.

I am currently 21dpo.

I had my bloods taken at 18 and 20 dpo.

18 days - 67
20 days - 91.

The male doctor that called me back was like its good they have risen, when I said they needed to double he said he didn't no much about it and he would request I have bloods taken again Monday and speak to a female doctor on Tuesday when them results are back!!!

Feel so low that I'm loosing this pregnancy... Anyone got any advise?

I have no advice either but hugs. Hopefully the female doctor can advise you better as to what's going on, hope the time passes quickly for you.

Actually the doubling time is up to 72 hours. Therefore you technically are doubling correctly.

Actually the doubling time is up to 72 hours. Therefore you technically are doubling correctly.

This is a good point. In our clinic they say once levels reach 1000 they can take 72 hours to double, but other clinics and health providers say 48-72 hours from the start. Every pregnancy is different, maybe your baby is just gonna be a slow starter.

Still not the right double time then surely...

67 on Tuesday I would need to be at 134 by Friday. 67 by 3 days is 22 each day.
Therefore by Thursday I would expect to at least be 111

You are very close though. At your current rate you would 115 or higher which is very close to doubling and definitely falls into the healthy range on the beta doubling calculators that go with 72 hours. I always came in a little under with baby 4 and I was totally fine. Right now you are absolutely in a healthy doubling range. Often they don't fully double but increase within what is called a healthy range and at some point later in a couple of weeks or three they suddenly take off. Honestly right now I wouldn't worry. I'd wait and see what the next draws bring. I know a lot of people don't realize it's 72 hours and that actually changes the scenario a lot and a lot of women think it has to double in 48 when in fact a healthy pregnancy can double in up to 72 hours or fall within a healthy range.

2 Day change = 35.8 % increase.
2 Day change = 35.8 % increase.
Doubling time =4.5 days or 108.67 hours

��

You are using a 48 hour calculator if you use 72 hours then if you use your current difference you are instead at 2.6 days which is healthy. I wouldn't give up hope. My fourth I started off VERY slowly but continued to rise always under doubling times until I was 6.5 weeks and then they skyrocketed.

It can go either way at this point. It's supposed to double every 48 hours maximum when numbers are still on the low side as yours are. Once they reach a certain number in the thousands ( can't remember exactly) then it can take up to 72 hours to double. The lower the number the faster the doubling time, usually. However you can just be a slow starter! I've seen that happen a lot too. Don't give up yet, sending you hugs xx

HCG is not a science. I have had mine tested in 6 pregnancies. With this one I thought we were doomed. They didn't double between 13-17 DPO as you can see in my ticker. I literally sobbed for 2 hours! We got some more done on 19 DPO and they more than doubled. Every pregnancy is different and here in the UK HCG is rarely tested (I have mine done because of how many miscarriages I've had). As Laila said it really is 50/50. For me low doubling unfortunately was always bad news but I've also seen the flip side so many times and all has been ok for others! Fingers crossed for your next draw but try not to put all your thoughts in to HCG - even the professionals don't fully understand how it works. All they know is HCG is needed and produced by an implanted baby <3

:flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"