Bethan finally arrived; only 12 days late(!)

T-Bex

Mother of one
Reaction score
Bethan was born at 2.14 on monday mmorning, weighing in at 8lb6. We're still at the hospital, because she's having massive trouble feeding.

But she's safe, well, and very stroppy!

Update and pics when I finally get home!

EDIT FOR UPDATE!

Well, on thursday morning at 2 I started to get regular contractions, but when I went to the hospital on the friday, it turned out I was still completly undilated. So, went home, and went back again on saturday night, with stronger contractions. Still undilated. Went back on sunday morning, and I was 1-2cm dilated, and were about to send me home, but when they did an internal, it had turned out my waters had started leaking so slowly that I hadn't noticed. I was then booked for induction at 10.00 on sunday night. At about 6 that evening, I had a full gush of waters going, and so the hospital told me to come in. I was checked over at 7pm, and I was still only 2cm dilated, but in a hell of a lot of pain. So we ended up going for a drive, and a McDonalds for OH (I couldn't face food by this point), and went back for 10 that evening.

I wasn't checked until 1 that morning, as they needed to leave 6 hours inbetween the internal checks. At 1am, I was 5cm dilated, in absolutep agony, and had been throwing up continuously for hours (probably due to practically eating the gas and air. I was told they'd come and do another internal on me in 4 hours. My contractions were practically constant from about 11 onwards, so I was very desperate by this point.

Anyway, went to the loo (I found I was addicted to going and sitting on the loo - I couldn't pee or have a movement or anything, but I was desperate to sit on the toilet - don't know why!) at about 2, and felt the desperate need to push. OH buzzed for the midwife to mention it, and I somehow crawled on the bed, and was told to just push.

And that, as they say, was that! She was born at 2.14!

She's an absolute sod to feed though - she just won't latch on at all properly, so we wern't allowed out until dinnertime today, and I felt very looked down on by the staff on that ward for being unable to feed her... But we're all home now, and much more relaxed! I have yet to take some digi-cam photos, but I'll post as soon as I find the energy!

Congrats!! :D How long was the labour?

Looking forward to the pics....

Congrats!! She is finally here!! :happydance: :happydance:
Can't wait to see pics
xx

Congratulations :) I'm glad she finally made her grand entrance.

Congratulations, can't wait to here birth story and see pics!

massive congratulations hun...finally!!

looking forward to piccies, hope the feeding sorts itself out soon. xx

Congratulations, hope you get to bring her home soon

congratulations.
Cant wait to see some pics x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member