Better Results with Early Testing FMU or SMU????

ambertwogood

The Twogood's
Reaction score
Hi, ladies!!! Hope all is going well with you and that the BFP's are popping up like wildflowers this spring!!! I'm curious what everyone's experience has been with pregnancy testing, esp. early testing, and if you had better results with FMU, SMU, or and intentional hold and limit on liquids urine, with getting a line to pop up super early. Just kind of curious as to what everyone's experience has been. I think I will even add a poll to this to get some "statistics" going on with it! LOL

I voted first bfp with smu because there was no 3rd urine option. When I was pregnant with my first baby, I didn't suspect pregnancy at all and took a test for fun at 8 dpo. I did it with 3rd urine of the day so it was maybe about a 1 hr hold and on both first response and wondfo cheapie I had pink faint positive lines that came up by the 1 and a half minute mark. I took the same brand of tests again 30 mins later on no hold after drinking a lot of water and the lines still came up but ever so slightly fainter, but definitely visible and not a squinter. The next day they were darker on both brands no matter what time of day or how long I held urine. The wondfo showed best because the test lines were made thicker than the first response test lines.. so a lot easier to see/read

Mine got darker with PM urine but this morning at the health department I took it at 8 am and it was SMU and got pretty dark by 10 min.

With this pregnancy, I held my urine probably around six hours, and used a blue dye. The test was taken at night, I think around 11:00 PM. I was 11 DPO.

With my first pregnancy I was a day late but didn't think to test. Went to a hairdresser appt in the morning and we were randomly talking about babies. On the drive home I stopped in my tracks and thought OMG I'm a day late maybe I should test. Got home POAS (SMU) and BAM positive straight away.

With my first pregnancy I got my first positive at like 11pm. We weren't ttc so I don't know how many DPO I was. This pregnancy I got my first positive with FMU but I took another test 2 hours later and the line was significantly darker. I was about 9/10 DPO

I voted first bfp with smu because there was no 3rd urine option. When I was pregnant with my first baby, I didn't suspect pregnancy at all and took a test for fun at 8 dpo. I did it with 3rd urine of the day so it was maybe about a 1 hr hold and on both first response and wondfo cheapie I had pink faint positive lines that came up by the 1 and a half minute mark. I took the same brand of tests again 30 mins later on no hold after drinking a lot of water and the lines still came up but ever so slightly fainter, but definitely visible and not a squinter. The next day they were darker on both brands no matter what time of day or how long I held urine. The wondfo showed best because the test lines were made thicker than the first response test lines.. so a lot easier to see/read

Yes, I actually, before reading your response was trying to edit the poll to add more options, bc I didn't think of "no hold", "never got a bfp", "3rd SMU" and "random test, bc I wasn't trying to conceive so I have no clue" lol. Unfortunately, I couldn't find I was to add options to the poll now that it is up. Which I hate, bc I was actually hoping it could be used as running thread once ladies got BFP's so we could see what urine of the day was the most likely to give a BFP or at least which one most ladies were using when they tested and did get a BFP, and since majority of us are serial testers, I think it would be a pretty good depiction of what the whole pic looks like..... If that makes sense. ****Is there an Admin that can help me add options to the poll?***

With my first pregnancy I was a day late but didn't think to test. Went to a hairdresser appt in the morning and we were randomly talking about babies. On the drive home I stopped in my tracks and thought OMG I'm a day late maybe I should test. Got home POAS (SMU) and BAM positive straight away.

LOL- Love that story! too cute. I bet that was a surprise! :dohh:

Sure was as we weren't trying, but a nice surprise nonetheless. I didn't tell my fiance I was even testing, got home and said HI and darted straight to the toilet. I came out shaking with the test in my hand and my partner took a sip of his water and said is that a pregnancy test in your hand? Is it negative? I said no it's positive and he slowly took a sip of his water with a "I'm going to pass out" look on his face. I still laugh about his expression that day :rofl:

Sure was as we weren't trying, but a nice surprise nonetheless. I didn't tell my fiance I was even testing, got home and said HI and darted straight to the toilet. I came out shaking with the test in my hand and my partner took a sip of his water and said is that a pregnancy test in your hand? Is it negative? I said no it's positive and he slowly took a sip of his water with a "I'm going to pass out" look on his face. I still laugh about his expression that day :rofl:

LMAO! Too funny! That's absolutely priceless. Don't you wish you would of had a camera then;) :haha:

LMAO! Too funny! That's absolutely priceless. Don't you wish you would of had a camera then;) :haha:

God yeah. A picture speaks a thousand words haha it's imprinted in my mind though :)

Love this story... i had actually fallen out with DH the day before i tested... i was feeling very emotional and wasn;t even talking to him. I did a test the next day as i just felt weird and couldn't understand why i felt so emotional. When it was positive I just text him " I did a test and it is positive by the way" hahaha. A few days after I did another one, which had a darker line, gave him it and he looked so scared haha, such a funny expression he had.

Love this story... i had actually fallen out with DH the day before i tested... i was feeling very emotional and wasn;t even talking to him. I did a test the next day as i just felt weird and couldn't understand why i felt so emotional. When it was positive I just text him " I did a test and it is positive by the way" hahaha. A few days after I did another one, which had a darker line, gave him it and he looked so scared haha, such a funny expression he had.

Hahaha I so would have done the same with so much attitude. Like 'here by the way I'm pregnant, mother f*cker haha

Hahaha I so would have done the same with so much attitude. Like 'here by the way I'm pregnant, mother f*cker haha

LMAO! You just about made me spit my coffee out all over my computer! I would of had to of held you liable for damages!!! LOL. So funny!

LMAO! You just about made me spit my coffee out all over my computer! I would of had to of held you liable for damages!!! LOL. So funny!

Hahahaha sorry, I can get a little carried away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->