Bev's Christmas 2021 Journal

Bevziibubble

Reaction score

I thought it was about time I started one of these. I don't really have much to update at the moment but we have bought one Christmas present so far! :xmas10:

I was making mince pies at work today in the in-store bakery. I can't believe it already! None of them had sold by the time. I left :haha:

Its a small, pie with a lid (usually short crust but you can get all sorts now) with something called mincemeat in it, though it isnt actually meat, it's dried fruit like raisens etc. Irs hard to describe really. But it's something that always makes it on to the shelves here for Christmas

Yes :) I made shortcrust mince pies and puff pastry mince pies yesterday.
Do you bake at your store @motherofboys?

I don’t, part of me is relieved and the other part is slightly bummed about it hahaha
I didnt do it in the old store as they skipped anything not completely necessary with them changing ownership, so I thought I might when I moved to the new store but I'm guessing they have enough bakery trained staff so not worried about it.

I dreaded it at first but quite enjoy it now!

I do love baking, but there's definitely more to consider when doing it for paying customers hahaha

Oh I love baking but I’d burn the place down doing trays at a time hahah

Following your journal too Bev haha x

I am so bad. I tend to toss filling and eat the crust, Bev. I love flacky pastries or pies...goodness, gonna have to bake something soon.

Ohhh no I can't like mince pies, I really want to as I love everything else to do with Christmas :haha:
But unfortunately my tastebuds said noooooo

Bought a lovely twilight candle at Aldi this morning. It looks and smells amazing :)

Oh I loveee mince pies but its too early, the evenings need to be cold and dark lol

I do love a co op maple and pecan danish. Often pop in on my way to work mmmm

We are having yule log for dessert after our roast dinner today. We got a big frozen one in Aldi yesterday and it looks delicious :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->