Beware Graphic detail, Have I just miscarried again?

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by mrphyemma, Jun 4, 2011.

1. mrphyemma

mrphyemma 2DS, 1DD, 1 Angel baby

Please don't read if you are squeamish or easily offended.

I had a miscarriage at around 8 weeks pregnant on New Year's Eve. Have been ttc ever since and nothing. Today is CD1, I've just been in the bath and when I lay down in the water I felt the same pushing sensation that happened when I had my MC like something slithering/gushing through my cervix and noticed lots of little clots and red stringy tissue in the water and then one bigger paler blob. I picked it up to inspect it and under the blood it was fleshy coloured mixed with white stuff and had a dark spot in the centre. There were floaty white tissuey bits on each side. I may be totally totally wrong but I am 80% sure I have just passed a tiny sac. Why oh why didn't I test? I will never know for sure know. I have had quite bad cramping all day, a little more than usual AF style cramps but didn't really dwell on it until I saw this thing in the bath. I feel silly for even suggesting this but something tells me this was a sac. I have taken a picture but won't post as it might offend. I have tried to look on google to compare and have seen a couple of pics similar but the majority of mc pics on there are of bigger foetuses and it upsets me seeing them. How I wish I had a pregnancy test in the house. Has anybody else experienced similar or knows what a very early (4 week) sac would look like?
    Thanks in advance.
    Emma x

2. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

When I had my chemicals I didn't experience anything like that. It was just like a normal period but a bit heavier and a few more clotty bits :shrug: I don't recall getting a pressure feeling or passing anything that looked like tissue.

3. LeeC

LeeC Mum to Morgan & 13 angels

Hi honey.

So sorry you're going through this. It def sounds like a chemical pregnancy to me if you are on CD 1, it's a definite possibility.
    I'm sure I seen another post on here where someone passing something similar.
    I'm not sure HPT would show BFP now but may still be hormones in your system.
    This is only my opinion based on my personal experience, so I hope my comments don't upset you.
    Are you actively TTC at the moment?
    Again, so sorry and sending you my best wishes xxx.

4. mrphyemma

Thanks for the reply Blah11, that is very interesting. Maybe what I passed was just normal AF blood clots, tissues then. I'm doubting myself now. If I took a hpt tomorrow do you think it would still be positive? (if indeed it was a pregnancy and I mc'ed). Obviously I would prefer that it wasn't a pregnancy as that would mean I have had 2 miscarriages since NYE but I will now always wonder was it or wasn't it?

5. mrphyemma

Thank you LeeC, any advice is most welcomed and I wouldn't take offence. I would rather have it ruled out as not a pregnancy anyway. Yes we have been actively ttc for over 2 years now, I was put on clomid 12 months ago and managed to fall pregnant last November, sadly only to lose our precious miracle at around 8 weeks. My gynae stressed that even though AF arrives that I must test anyway just to rule out the slightest possibility of a pregnancy and this is the only flipping cycle that I haven't stuck to this rule. Typical. I may just test tomorrow anyway, see what is says. x

6. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

Are you sure you were CD1? Any chance you miscalculated your O date? When I had my chemical, I was only a few days late for AF and the HPTs never really got dark. I had a few days of lines, and they got lighter and lighter. They were pretty much neg when I started to bleed.

7. mrphyemma

Nah, I'm pretty sure I ovulated on CD16. I did a hpt today and was BFN so I will assume that it wasn't a mc. x

8. ohnonotagain

ohnonotagain Member

Hi I had this happen to me last year with an ectopic pregnancy, yet the baby was still in the tube so unsure what it was. all my preg tests came back neg at first! Hopefully u wont be the same but just watch out for any pain just in case x

9. KateC

KateC Well-Known Member

Hi mrp, and I'm so sorry to see you back here! We seem to be in the same cycles. :(

I am not sure that was a miscarriage. I had a D&C for my first miscarriage, then two months later, during my period, I passed a gray lump of tissue. It felt just as you're describing when it went past my cervix. Anyway, it was a few cm long and maybe 2 cm wide. But it wasn't a baby, and it wasn't a sack. It was just this lumpy weird thing, and there was NO way I was pregnant. I'd been charting and I would have seen a temp increase. Besides, we were using protection.

So maybe you had something like that? I don't know. I'm scouring the internet trying to figure that one out. I did call my doc, but I'm not satisfied with my lack of real explanation.

Anyway, then the next month (~1 week ago) I miscarried a pregnancy at about 6-7 weeks. There was no gray tissue in that one. I was trying to look throught he blood for tissue, but never found any. I'm sure there was a sack, but I must have passed it without noticing.

Anyway, I guess all I'm saying is that maybe it was an embryo and sack, but maybe it was just a freak lump of tissue related to your first mc? I don't know. It's very confusing stuff. If you find your answer, let me know, please! I'm so interested.

10. mrphyemma

Thanks KateC and ohnonotagain. x

Kate sorry for your recent loss honey, maybe next time we will meet up in first tri? xx