Beyond frustrated with PCOS and Charting!!!!

persephone13

Mom to DD
Reaction score
Okay so I am just so frustrated right now. I knew going into this - trying to have a baby - was not going to be easy with PCOS. But I am so annoyed and confused at my chart that seems to say I'm not ovulating or I might have but the OPKs said negative and yet my symptoms seem to be what I would consider normal symptoms for post O. Ugh I just want to cry. I don't know how I'm going to keep doing this every month.

I can't tell from your chart if youve ovulated or not. Im better with FF than Ovufriend. All I can suggest is to keep temping and bd every other day just to be sure. Good luck x

I can't tell from your chart if youve ovulated or not. Im better with FF than Ovufriend. All I can suggest is to keep temping and bd every other day just to be sure. Good luck x

Here is my chart on FF
https://fertilityfriend.com/home/49d5c9

See FF was telling me my fertile window only starts tomorrow but I was having all these symptoms so I assumed that it was happening early.

I thought mayb I should try using the OPKs again so Here is the OPK I just took:
https://thebirdsandbea.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/20131202-115939.jpg
(Left window is test, right window is control)

It doesn't look like uve ovulated. Your body can gear up for it and fail so maybe that's what's happened. Id mark your opk as positive and go off that. Id expect,if successful, for you to ovulate within the next 12-48hrs

It doesn't look like uve ovulated. Your body can gear up for it and fail so maybe that's what's happened. Id mark your opk as positive and go off that. Id expect,if successful, for you to ovulate within the next 12-48hrs

Okay!! Thank you! I am so glad to have someone validate my feelings!

Im going through a very similar thing at the moment,i keep getting a pos test one day then neg the next,its so frustrating,i feel your pain.
Your test is a blazing positive so the best advice i can offer is to BD asap and hope for the best!
Good luck
:dust:

Hello Ladies,

So I am not currently tracking my cycles but would like to. I came off BCP in July and nothing happened so the Dr. put me on Provera and I started AF today:happydance:very happy about this! So now that AF is here (I know not a real one and also an induced one) how do I start tracking and what should I use? I also have PCOS and was on BCP for 10 years before I came off in July. I am 26 so 10 years ago at 16 I was just really glad I had very irregular periods but now realizing what a long road I might have ahead. But God has a reason for this journey!!!!

Blessings & Babydust,

Okay so I am just so frustrated right now. I knew going into this - trying to have a baby - was not going to be easy with PCOS. But I am so annoyed and confused at my chart that seems to say I'm not ovulating or I might have but the OPKs said negative and yet my symptoms seem to be what I would consider normal symptoms for post O. Ugh I just want to cry. I don't know how I'm going to keep doing this every month.

by some luck of the universe I just got to a point where OPKs don't give me crazy results.... the thing is PCOS is a hormone disorder and as such it can give wonky OPK results. And, unfortunatly, the charts may be right and you may not ovulate every cycle. :hugs: I hope that is not true. Your best bet will be to keep up with the OPKs, keep temping, and keep charting. You may get to a point where your pattern is easier to detect, if not you have some proof to give your OBGYN when you tell him/her that your cycles are being wonky.

Some ladies with PCOS get multiple positive OPKs and/or all their OPKs are very nearly positive due to high LH levels. I have PCOS too and though this doesn't happen for me I do sometimes get multiple patches of fertile CM (like my body gears up to ov and doesn't) I tend to ov late, CD19 onwards. I'd say keep on trucking with the charting and see how it goes for you this cycle as you may still be due to ov :flower:

I literally have the same thing as buttercup ^ . I o later in the cycle, get one positive opk and a massive temp rise to confirm but throughout the cycle I get multiple fertile cm patches. It's different for everyone even with pcos x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->