BF after a BA?

beanzz

Reaction score
Hey I know it's probably a long shot just wondering if anyone has successfully managed to breastfeed after a breast augmentation and if the boobs survived it?

Mine were destroyed after breastfeeding my son so I'm worried even with implants I'll end up with the same horrific end result after breastfeeding a second, or even worse :cry:

My sister breastfed 4 kids (two singletons and then twins) after a breast augmentation and her breasts survived just fine.

Thank you for your reply! So glad to hear your sister's survived not one but 4 kids! Slightly less worried about being able to as I'd do what it takes even if that meant an SNS if the surgery affected my supply somehow but it's so so relieving to hear there's a good chance I haven't just wasted £4K :haha:

It depends on the kind of surgery you had. Most breast enlargements place the implant behind the breast tissue so all the working parts stay intact. You should be able to find out from your surgeon.

Also it is pregnancy hormones causing breast tissue growth that stretches the Coopers ligaments in the breast (the bits that stop them sagging). This happens whether you bf or ff. Some people notice a huge change, some not so much. Smoking, and exercising without support are usually bigger causes of breast sagging than pregnancy.

I had a breast reduction and am BF my LO exclusively. No destruction here!
If you have full nipple sensitivity you should be able to produce enough milk

Hey I know it's probably a long shot just wondering if anyone has successfully managed to breastfeed after a breast augmentation and if the boobs survived it?

Mine were destroyed after breastfeeding my son so I'm worried even with implants I'll end up with the same horrific end result after breastfeeding a second, or even worse :cry:

I had a BA in 2005 (250 CC of mentor silicone gel behind the muscle, underboob scar) and have been breastfeeding since 2011. My breasts look great. They did look a bit saggier the first year after pregnancy but child lead weaning really gave my body time to shrink milk ducts and redeposit fat. Sudden weaning for example won't give the body time to do this and you can end up with empty bags after the milk ducts shrink.
I also stopped wearing bras for the most part to teach the ligaments to hold up my breasts naturally and it helped a lot (there are many studies supporting this). I find the boobs look a bit saggier before the milk supply regulates but it is just the weight from that pulling them down a bit.

Never had any discomfort or other problems with my implants. I tend to forget I have implants.

HTH!

Thank you so much for your response, Marumi! That helps loads, hopefully with the same techniques I will be as lucky as you :flower: :happydance: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->