BF baby taking bottle from mom?

Evian260

Mom of 3
Reaction score
My MIL mentioned my son might not take a bottle of expressed breastmilk from me because he knows he can get it from my breast instead.

Anyone had this problem? Or is she nuts?

We are starting to try Ollie with OH and a bottle of my expressed breast milk - so far we have done it twice - just 3 oz and finishing off on me and he took it all both times.....

hx

My eldest was 6 months when we first tried a bottle, no way in the world would he accept a bottle from me. From my mum or dh was fine but from me was a no no.

My dd didn't care where it came from - she just guzzled it.

My ds2 took to a bottle at 4 months with no bother.

Ds3 hated bottles full stop, he would only just begrudgingly let dh feed him.

ds4 is mainly bf but has the occasional expressed or formula and doesn't give a monkeys who gives it him. Whether its me, dh or one of the children. Whether its because he's younger and was younger when he tried his first bottle than the others I don't know.

my lo wont take a bottle from me at all i have to be out of the room for him to take it!

Oh wow! Good to know, I guess we'll just have to try it and see.

Where do you get the adorable BF milestone button?

I thought it was me doing something wrong. LO guzzles EBM fro OH. Me... plays with the teat in his mouth, chews it, spits it out and then laughs at me!! We have also give him a dummy when he is only using me to fall asleep, again, won't take the dummy from me, but straight away from OH. VERY annoying when OH goes away for half the week!!

I just tried with 2 oz in a breastflow bottle and he took it from me no problem! Hope it continues to work!

If im in the room my LO will only take a bottle from me. Glad he took to it ok :)

My mom told me the same thing. LO will take a bottle from me but not well, he takes it much better from my mom or hubby.

They're all so different! My LO takes a bottle better from me, hubby and Mum have real problems getting her to drink the whole feed :)

We had to put DS2 on a bottle when he was 10days old as I had a cracked nipple (OUCH!!) so was expressing from that side and feeding him it from the bottle.

He quite happily takes it from anybody, not really fussed as long as hes getting fed! :haha:

He never had any nipple confusion either and my health visitor was quite happy with what I was doing, didn't seem to mind that he had a bottle before 6 weeks (which I think is the recommended age they should be before you introduce one)

Glad its worked for you. I found hubby really bonded with DS2 once he was having 1 bottle a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->