BF question here

mzhwd

Reaction score
So I'm a FTM and I ran across a bra sale that I would really like to participate in lol. I was wondering how can I avoid buying new bras while breastfeeding.

With my second kid I just wore regular bras and pulled the cups down if I needed to nurse. Padded bras had the bonus feature of absorbing any leakage. It's totally possible to not buy nursing bras, you just have to be willing to get creative.

I would really advise getting some nursing bras. I picked a few up on eBay that were seconds so they weren't used. I had mastitis 3 times in all with my last two babies and non wired nursing bras helps to prevent it. Towards the end I wore my normal bras but the cups got all wrinkled

I would also advise a couple of nursing bras. You're normally a different size when you are breastfeeding and a proper fitting bra will help avoid mastitis (as pp said). Also I had to nurse out and about too and for me it was so much easier to unclip the bra at the front. It was much more discreet. I ended up bf for just over two years so it was a good investment.

I don't think its something you can avoid personally. Especially if you want to avoid mastitis. Which trust me you don't want to get. You have no idea how engorged your breasts are going to get.

Nursing bras are well worth the investment imo. I don't think normal bras are suitable at all.

I used normal padded t-shirt bras and never had a problem. It is a bit hard on the bras though.

I'd also highly recommend getting nursing bras. They're a lot more comfortable and suited for nursing. There are places you can go that has them at much more affordable prices. Currently I get mine from target for $16.99 so if they happen to wear down I can easily just get a new one without worrying about cost too much.

Thanks for the info ladies. I guess it wouldn't hurt to get 1 or 2.

I got one but just used normal bras other than that :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->