BFN after BFN uping dosage of clomid next cycle

faith2015

Reaction score
:hi: DH and I have NTNP for about 2 years and have been TTC close to 7 months very very actively! On my 3rd month I noticed I haven't been O'ing. So OB gave me 50mg clomid without monitoring me. He told me I need to try it for 3 months and then we will go from here. I am 8DPO on my 3rd cycle of 50mg clomid and I switched OB's because my last was a freaking idiot trying to tell me I have endometriosis over the phone. After I told DH that, he forced me to seek other help.

So this past Wednesday I went in and visited my new OB (who I like very much). I did get a :bfn: on a pregnancy test, but go figure I was only 5-6 DPO, I told the lady but she just wanted to make sure.
So they drew my blood to test my progesterone levels and to see if by any change there is HCG levels in my blood. She told me my uterus is enlarged so that is the reasoning.

She believes she wants to try clomid a few more times, but she WILL monitor me!! Thank goodness!!!
She also wrote DH a script to get a semen analysis.
If blood work comes back :bfn: and DH sperm is fine, then we will have to do the dye test to see if I have any blockage. Which that will be done 7 days after my AF.

I started tearing up and she stood up and gave me a hug and told me sweetie, Ill get you pregnant in the next 3 cycles! That’s why she is awesome, she is so confident!!!! But I have to take that with a grain of salt, because we don’t know what is happening.

On CD20 my levels were at 8.7 which is below the normal rate, which means I didn't O on Clomid 50mg. I went back this morning CD22 for another blood sample to see if we get a different level (results will be back monday morning). She did tell me the game plan for next cycle and I am scared. I hate clomid and I hate what it does to my body. She told me to wait until I find out if its a :bfn: or :bfp: I keep thinking to myself, if I didnt have a good level then why wait to :test: :cry:

I need some sort of someone who can ease my mind!! :cry:

Hi :wave:

I had progesterone testing done a couple of times when I was TTC my first. My understanding from my OB is that anything over 2 confirms that ovulation occurred, but 10+ is considered normal (so presumably anything less than 10 might indicate a weak ovulation, but ovulation nonetheless). My level was 8.2 seven days after BBT confirmed ovulation and my OB said I had ovulated. This was a non-medicated cycle. She stopped testing me after that because she said I was ovulating and I did go on to get a BFP on a natural cycle 4-5 months later.

I hope that gives you some reassurance!!! (Also, it took us 8 cycles of REALLY trying to get our BFP with DD, so hopefully you're close!!)

Hi :wave:

I had progesterone testing done a couple of times when I was TTC my first. My understanding from my OB is that anything over 2 confirms that ovulation occurred, but 10+ is considered normal (so presumably anything less than 10 might indicate a weak ovulation, but ovulation nonetheless). My level was 8.2 seven days after BBT confirmed ovulation and my OB said I had ovulated. This was a non-medicated cycle. She stopped testing me after that because she said I was ovulating and I did go on to get a BFP on a natural cycle 4-5 months later.

I hope that gives you some reassurance!!! (Also, it took us 8 cycles of REALLY trying to get our BFP with DD, so hopefully you're close!!)

Omg it does more than you know! :hugs:

My levels on Friday was 24.4 :happydance::dance::yipee::headspin::wohoo:

OMG the best news ever!!!! She told me to get a FRER and :test: Wednesday morning!!!!! If + cancel his analysis , if - have him still go and call on my first day of AF

I had no ovulation on 50mg Clomid, however on 100mg I had levels of 98 and 121!!

I had no ovulation on 50mg Clomid, however on 100mg I had levels of 98 and 121!!

wow!!!!!! I think she is wanting me to try 50mg again. Not to sure. Waiting on AF to come :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->