• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

BFN after BFP. Pls help

B4bee

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I got bfp 12dpo and 13dpo on wondfo, frer, frer digital and clearblue digital. Today 15dpo I got a BFN on a clearblue digital. I am in panic. Could that be from diluted urine? I had a ton of water. I just bought another test and I am trying to hold for 4 hours to test. I have irregular periods, on average, af should arrive from 2 days ago until 3 days from today.

Hi B4!
It could certainy be because of more diluted urine. HCG can also flux somewhat during the course of the day. I suggest tesing the same time each day (using FMU or SMU), so that the time of day isn't an issue, and your urine is sufficienty concentrated.

Good Luck!!!

Thanks oldermom1975. I feel so much better now

You are certainly welcome! One thing of note, I always used SMU, because it always gave more accurate results for me. I guess my point is to chose one, either first or second morning urine, and do that consistently.

HcG doesn't fluctuate during the day. It will slowly rise. Id say if you got a BFP on so many other tests they your bfn is a faulty test. Even diluted urine would give you enough of a base of HcG to get another positive. And to cover the other question, if it's a failed pregnancy you wouldn't have falling HcG that fast to get a bfn a few days later. HcG takes weeks to work its way out of your system and for tests to go negative. I truly wouldn't worry. You have so many tests that say your pregnant. Congrats!!

This early in the pregnancy, the small amount of hCG seen on a urine pregnancy test strip can flux through the day. Blood hCG won't, but urine will.
It could also, as stated above, be a faulty test.
That said, the most accurate thing to do is get sequential blood pregnancy tests, with a few days in between both to determine the direction of the pregnancy. I really wish you the best, and if it doesn't turn out well, the ladies on here are fabulous- with some amazing stories full of kindness and resilience.

It won't enough to give a negative after several positives. It would have to drop by huge amounts to get a bfn days after a BFP. If your HcG doubles every few days, diluted urine isn't going to cut that number by half and then some to get a bfn.

Thank you so much ladies. I just did the test fmu and got another bfn 16dpo. Minutes after I started bleeding. I guess it was a chemical. I feel like I lost my floor. Can't stop crying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"