Bfn and negative opk at 8dpo, down in the dumps!!!

Wishing4long

Mom and pregnant with #2
Reaction score
First of all, its even worse because i have absolutely zero pregnancy symptoms!! ZILCH ZERO NADA!!!!

I thought well maybe its still early for symptoms to kick in... I took a pregnancy test this am BFN I took an OPK you cant even see a damn secon line!!!!

I am so so SOOOOOO depressed!!!! I feel totally out this month and I am so tired of watching, waiting, testing, etc. I can't do this anymore!

Wishing 8dpo is super super early to see a bfp as implant usually is 6dpo earliest end, and it takes about 3 days for hcg to be high enough to change a urine test.
You aren't out in anyway- not even started really hehe
And don't rely on opk as an hpt early, not everyone gets lines on them at the same time as bfp, and others have faint lines even when not bfp
Hang in there, you have a ways to go yet till you are out. I'd say a week at least, or until AF!

Misery loves company. I agree that 8dpo is way early to feel out. While some women get a bfp at 8dpo, it's so rare. It means the implanted early and double quickly. How do I know? I once upon a time got an elusive evening 8dpo bfp. But seriously, go on Countdown to Pregnancy and use their test timing and implantation calendars. It will make you feel better. :)

But I feel you. I have been crying all day yesterday and today over my bfns. Hugs

HI ladies, thanks, just can't help but feel down. I just took another test (I am still 8 DPO I know I know) but I can't help myself, I even took the damn dollar test apart, flashed a light on it looking for any glimmer of hope but NOTHING!!!!

UGHHHHHHH I really need to stop testing I am making myself sick. I am so frustrated!!!!

lol Wishing, it's gonna be a lonnng week for you hun hehe
Just remember even if you are preg today, it may take 2-3 days before enough hcg build AND keep in mind you may not have even Implanted yet!
The most common day for that is 9dpo...so you would still need anpther 2-3 days from there to get a faint bfp on a good test.
:hugs:

Lol I second JLM. And want to pipe in the dollar brands are not that sensitive.

okay 9DPO ladies, still no symptoms of anything...UGHHHH.. anyway I am going to restrain from testing and just assume I am out because I would rather not get my hopes up and get crushed. I won't test now until I actually miss my period. LOL we will see if that happens!!
Is it common to have pregnancy symptoms before a missed period? On these boards it seems like it is, but I really wonder...
Good luck to you guys and DOBBYFOREVER we would really like a boy too :)

Honestly? Pregnancy symptoms are so much like pms symptoms or even just day to day symptoms. We are all ttc so we notice it more now, but it has been happening. It's like the bear in the basketball court experiment. Once you look for the bear, you always see him. But usually you are focused on other things so you don't see him. I don't remember having any symptoms with bfp 1 and 2, I didn't even test until af didn't show. My symptoms kicked in at 5 weeks and hard. My last bfp I started morning sickness at 7dpo

Thanks. I have zero restraint. I got a bfn today, but temp is up so tomorrow I will know if it starts dropping. I had one cycle where it stayed up and dropped day of af. Cruel. But AF is due Tuesday

Good luck to you Dobby!!! Thanks you are right, because every time I type in early symptoms of pregnancy into Dr. Google I find cramps but then it says something like only 11% feel cramps before a BFP. However it seems like the entire population on the pregnancy forums feel cramps. Similar to your bear scenario! lol
I am just tired of this nonesense, I got pregnant so fast with my daughter that I thought it would be just as simple for baby #2, but I guess doing things to sway our chances of having a boy could be prolonging the process, we do not BD before ovulation much I try to figure out when is ovulation and then we BD hoping the fast sperm make it, silly I know LOL.. now I am giving up hope and just want a baby I am starting not to care about the sex anymore, I guess beggers cant be choosers lol.

How are you confirming O? Because if you are only BDing on the one day you are already reducing your chances to only 5% for conceiving on O day. I temp and use OPKs, I love the clear blue digital advanced but they are pricey.

I just want to add that I took a $ store test at 12dpo and it was bfn. Like not even a hint of a line. Took two test 15dpo and 16dpo and very faint positives! Don't give up hope. The dollar store test aren't for early testing and you are really early! Good luck

thanks MeeohMya, and congrats on the BFP!!! Can I ask you did you have any pregnancy symptoms before it? Because I have NOTHING :( I never wanted cramps so badly!!!:growlmad:

DOBBY, I am using the advanced clearblue OPK wait for when I get the steady smiley (when I peak). Yes they are pricey, and last month I got pissed off because I had a flashing smiley followed by an empty circle so I thought I was not ovulating or something went wrong (the was the very next cycle after my Chemical P) then a day later I had a some ovulation symptoms so I tested again and got a solid smiley. UGhh it was annoying!!

I didn't have any symptoms. Maybe some cramping but honestly nothing noticeable! Good luck wishing!

Thanks Mya!!!

I get cramps here and there but its probably from my IBS which has spiraled out of control since TTC! lol

That is so bizarre! I have never experienced that or heard of it. I would be pissed off too haha.

Dobby have you tested? AF is due for me Sunday but I already got the cramps AF is starting :( now I am really down in the dumps!!

I had a blood test yesterday thanks to an oversight haha but it came back less than 1 so not pregnant. My temp is declining, but it should be lower so either AF with be here on schedule tomorrow or a day late. How about you?

I am sorry Dobby!!! AF is due for me on Sunday. I already started cramping and I know its on its away :( I dont want to POAS cause I can't see a BFN anymore its depressing me so I am just going to wait it out this time.

Do you usually cramp this early before af? Don't give up hope yet. I have ever finger and toe crossed for you wishing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->