BFN at 10 dpo, BFP at 16 dpo

MindUtopia

Reaction score
I thought I would post these in here because this is probably what I needed to see last week when I was losing all hope. This is our first cycle trying after a mc in April. I was convinced I was meant to get pregnant this cycle. We timed things perfectly CD13/CD14 and O was CD14 and also really painful, which I figure could only be a good sign that things were working again after my loss. We were on holiday and came home last Sunday (which would have been 5dpo). From 6dpo, I felt awful, nausea started at 7dpo, tired, headaches, but no sore boobs, which is usually a really obvious sign for me. Still I was sure I had to be pregnant. I didn't want to test early though, so I waited til 10dpo and took a FRER. It was as BFN as it could be. Glaringly white with no line. I even let it dry and held it up to the light to see if I could see anything at all. But nothing.

I was so depressed. I was sure I was meant to get pregnant and saw this as a sign my body was just screwed up and this was all just some cruel joke. I still felt ill through the weekend, but tried to ignore it. On Tuesday this week, I felt nauseous again and yesterday I felt really sick. My period was due roughly Tuesday or yesterday (14/15dpo). But it didn't come. No sign at all it was coming, no spotting, no cramping really (though did have lots of cramping last week around 9/10dpo). I felt despondent that my cycles were going to be all screwed up now after that mc and this was just the first sign. I was tired of living in limbo, so this morning (16 dpo) decided to take a test just so I could put it out of my mind. I didn't even have to wait the full 3 minutes. I was literally about to get up and go back to bed because I felt I was being silly even waiting around to see if it would be a BFP. 2 minutes later, glaringly positive.

I wanted to post my tests because I wish I'd seen something like this last week to give me some hope to still hold on to. I've gotten early BFPs with both of my other pregnancies (10dpo with by daughter which was as dark as this one is, and then 12dpo with my mc). I'm guessing probably I would have gotten a line earlier if I'd tested of course, but I saw no point after the 10dpo one was negative. But I guess sometimes you just have to have a little bit of hope, so hopefully this is reassuring to someone else who is in limbo.

The tests below are all from this morning (don't even have the 10dpo one because it was so negative, I binned it). The FRER at the bottom was the first one I took. Then the two in the middle are Superdrug ones (not the early tests). The bottom one of those two I took to start but it must be faulty because the urine never even crossed the window with a 10 second dip and nothing came up (not even the control line). So I was annoyed and took a second one and then dipped that same one again for a long time. It did finally come up after a long dip, which is why it's darker, but I think it must be faulty (anyway, still positive). The top is an opk. I just wanted to see if it would come up positive. I took an opk with my last pregnancy but it was negative, so I was curious if it would give me a positive this time (it did, obviously because I'm farther along that I was then).

Attachments

• 19022761_10158823493395301_585063789_o.jpg
    19022761_10158823493395301_585063789_o.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 61
Sorry for your previous loss and congratulations. I am also sure that if you tested a little earlier you would have had your BFP.

I pray that you have a happy, healthy 9 months ahead.

What a lovely post and outcome! Congratulations to you, wonderful news :)

Yay! Congratulations!!! What wonderful news! I'm currently about 10dpo and got a BFN this morning, so hoping I'll be in your shoes in about a week ;)

Ohhhh look at those!!! congratulations Hun!!! :wohoo:

Thank you for this thread! Congratulations :)

I'm 14dpo with no clear positive and starting to feel really fed up!

That's a hell of a line congratulations!

I think I remember your name from when I was here with my son (also 4 years old). Happy and healthy 9 months to you lovely x

Thank you so much for this post. These are exactly what most of us need to see sometimes.

Congrats!

Thank you all. I think maybe if I had tested a few days earlier, it would have been positive, but I truly felt alright and not pregnant at all until yesterday. I felt off and weird and it now all makes sense, but I didn't feel as pregnant as I felt with my two other pregnancies until yesterday (15 dpo), which is weird to me, but I guess you can't always explain these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->