BFN before period question !!

mummof1

Reaction score
Hey ladies so I thought I may have had the start of a bfp the other night but I took another test today and it was a bfn :(
My question is, I believe my period is due Monday or Tuesday..So I know its a bit early but would you just consider yourself not pregnant if you weren't getting positives a few days before?

My brother is getting married tonight so I am wondering if I can enjoy myself and have a few drinks!

I would be around 11 or 12 days past ovulation.
We DTD cycle day 7 through 16, ovulating on cycle day 15 or 16 I believe.

It all depends when you implant. You could implant on 12 DPO then only get positive 15 DPO. I'm sure one drink would not hurt anything (I had two drinks on New Years before I knew I was pregnant with my first!) but I would not go overboard, just in case!

Thank you !
I did have a few drinks before finding out with my first son because we were not trying and he was a very big surprise lol
But ya, I don't think I will completely deprive myself haha and maybe only have one or two glasses of wine just incase.

In the first two weeks following fertilization, excessive alcohol consumption does not generally have a negative effect on the zygote and emerging blastocyst (pre-embryo) [contributedTo]. Maternal consumption of alcohol during this time can prevent proper implantation of the blastocyst in the uterus, resulting in an increased rate of resorption or early termination of the pregnancy, generally before a woman realizes she is pregnant. The potential for the cells in the blastocyst to become any cell lineage in the body generally confers protection against the negative effects that alcohol has on specific cellular populations. - See more at: https://embryo.asu.edu/pages/developmental-timeline-alcohol-induced-birth-defects#.dpuf

Just FYI...I always wonder when I have to stop drinking as well. Guess it may affect implantation...but I think it would have to be a lot.

It depends upon how late in your cycle you ovulated and when/if the egg will implant. I wouldn't go overboard with the drinking, not only because of the fetus but also because if you are indeed pregnant, it might make morning sickness come on sooner or worse, but one or maybe even two should be fine. A lot of women drink early on before finding out they're pregnant and their babies turn out ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->