bfn DRs dont believe i was pregnant!got beta's

this happened to me a few years back... i didnt go in to the emergency until about a week after i started bleeding either, and suprise, their test came back negative. of course it was negative...i was no longer pregnant! then they told my insurance company it wasnt an emergency because it wasnt a miscarriage and then the insurance wouldnt cover it.. so they billed me almost 1000 dollars, which i have refused to pay and now my credit is screwed. i really HATE doctors sometimes!

I CANNOT believe you were treated this way! I saw your tests too. There's no doubt you were pregnant. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.

Oh WOW... I am so sorry they are TOTAL idiots! They should be ashamed! You got a POSITIVE pregnancy test and just because you are miscarrying around the time of your period doesnt mean you were never pregnant!
WHAT jerks too! They obviously have NO flipping idea how happy and excited you were about this pregnancy, and just because it ended doesnt mean it never happened! WOW!

I have had a chemical (at 5 weeks) in 03 and a MC at 13 weeks. But my dr's knew that I wanted the baby, and even though my beta's dropped to negative eventually, none had the NERVE to try to tell me that i wasn't pregnant at some point.

Oh now to forget them for a minute.... I am SO very , very sorry for your loss. Life is so unfair sometimes, and I wish it wasnt. Take time to grieve, your loss is real, you deserve to take time to rest.

I am so sorry for your loss, even years later I remember the miscarriages... I still remember them and you get less sad over time, but I still wanted the babies I lost. I know you wanted this baby.
All I can say , and it wont ever replace this loss,..... is that I hope that very very soon you find yourself pregnant again, and that 9 months after that you have the cutest little one ever known to be.

I dont know those dr's but I am disgusted on your behalf though!

sweetie we all know you were pregnant and we are all here to witness that fact and will remember it with you :cry: :cry: I so hope you have a happier outcome soon xxx I think if and when you feel up to it you should consider making a formal complaint to the hospital about your treatment - for him to imply that you got someone else to take a test for you is absolutely disgraceful, unprofessional and inexcusable. So sorry for you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

spoke to lovely lady of phone who explained everything my betas were 18!!!
she said what it was i got preg few weeks ago and the beanie didnt develope she told me its very sad but very common and to rest and i can try when i get my period,if i take test next week and line is darker then to go back.
she was lovely and i feel a bit happier now:) well im upset but she was so lovely!

sorry for your loss hun! same thing happened to me they tried to say that maybe it was just my period but luckily i took my digital test in and 3 other tests in to prove it as the same thing happened to my friend!! i think us females know our own body and know the difference between a peeriod and a miscarriage they are so unsensitive!!!! x

Well I'm pleased they now know u definitely had ur bfp,I know this doesn't help right now babe but if the line is bfn next week then have some nice gental sex if u feel upto it,ur extremely fertile after this...I'm proof and I'd love to see it all doing the same for u,after all we do go through everything identically.how's the bleeding and pain today babe? Xx

Well I'm pleased they now know u definitely had ur bfp,I know this doesn't help right now babe but if the line is bfn next week then have some nice gental sex if u feel upto it,ur extremely fertile after this...I'm proof and I'd love to see it all doing the same for u,after all we do go through everything identically.how's the bleeding and pain today babe? Xx

bleeding is really bad :shock: no pain just achey,dr said not to try till i get period,i thought this was it?awww im confused :(
when can i try?

Ok this is it from beginning 7pm 26/1
went to toilet no cramps just lot of blood mix of brown bright red.
spoke to dr refered me to epu unit hopefully tommorow!Dr thinks im miscarrying.
bleeding has slowed down and stop.dr told me not to go to work tommorow :cry:

please keep me in ur prayers :cry: im deverstated!:cry:

27/1/2011
5pm i went to dr to go urine sample and it was just bright red with clots so he said get to hospital quick
5.40pm
ok so went to maternity ward after clotting bad,done preg test b4 got pos on digi and frer then went to ward bfn on doctors(well i saw a line) they said they dont read them after 3mins so it dont count!!!
ok so they said we done blood test and when it comes bk not pregnant u will have to except that and this is just ur period!.........excuse me..............

WTF?!

i got internal examination which i thought was exess for him to say oh ur bleeding.NO SHIT sherlock!!!!
anyway they told me im staying in(wtf they didnt think i was preg!!) after hours i said to dh am going and im taken this cannula needle out my feckin self :hissy: i made out pains were gone and fecked off!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

28/01/2011 @9am .spoke to lovely lady of phone who explained everything my betas were 18!!!
she said what it was i got preg few weeks ago and the beanie didnt develope she told me its very sad but very common and to rest and i can try when i get my period,if i take test next week and line is darker then to go back.
she was lovely and i feel a bit happier now:) well im upset but she was so lovely!

so yeh thats then end of that story!:cry: im going to get dh to change my password as weve decided no tests no nothing lets make love and pray we get a healthy beanie next time :cry: was kind cute what he said.
im still bit unstable but better then i was,oh how i need a cigerette and a drink lol

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY U LADIES HAVE KEPT ME SANE....WELL ISH :haha: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT I LOVE YOU ALL:kiss:

:hugs: So sorry Hun! Can I just ask how many weeks the digi said when you did it before you went in?? They treated you really badly :hugs:

My god I could have wrote that myself in October babe,ok my clotting stopped after 5 days and bleeding subsided 3 days after that.now the fs said to me the reason they like u to have a cycle before trying again is so they can date a pregnancy acuratelyotherwise fhey just have to go by the mc.now saying that babe I was still praying for my line to b darker the following week (3 days after bleeding had stopped) but mine was bfn,urs may still get darker u know.so we dtd day after I got the bfn and again 2 days later,we weren't charting or anything but just comforting eachother and enjoying sex again (although when I wiped I did have ewcm the second time) 2-3 days later I caught the eggy again.u only o when hcg is at 0.when I contacted the docs they said so u haven't had ur af when I said no they said exactly what fs said about dating and told me they would send me for an early scan in 2 weeks to date it properly.so bloody hell I'm rambling IF u get a bfn then enjoy some sex,If u get a dark bfp bloody scream it from the roof tops so I can hear u from here :) xx

My god I could have wrote that myself in October babe,ok my clotting stopped after 5 days and bleeding subsided 3 days after that.now the fs said to me the reason they like u to have a cycle before trying again is so they can date a pregnancy acuratelyotherwise fhey just have to go by the mc.now saying that babe I was still praying for my line to b darker the following week (3 days after bleeding had stopped) but mine was bfn,urs may still get darker u know.so we dtd day after I got the bfn and again 2 days later,we weren't charting or anything but just comforting eachother and enjoying sex again (although when I wiped I did have ewcm the second time) 2-3 days later I caught the eggy again.u only o when hcg is at 0.when I contacted the docs they said so u haven't had ur af when I said no they said exactly what fs said about dating and told me they would send me for an early scan in 2 weeks to date it properly.so bloody hell I'm rambling IF u get a bfn then enjoy some sex,If u get a dark bfp bloody scream it from the roof tops so I can hear u from here :) xx

well she said it wont happen my cervix was high but very open,anyways what happens next Clare!!!Our lives are parralell?

It's really bad of them, as it should have been on your medical records that you had a mc for future reference and support. What county do you live in? Xx

Hey Babe Im Sorry For You Loss Its unfair what we have to go through :nope:

But if thyy dnt believe you who cares at the end of the day you now you were pregnant and you have proof wit the piccy youve taken on here at the end of the day their job is to help people who need help i understand their was nothing they could have done but they still should have treated you with respect and dignity at the end of the day you lost someone it was a person/human being.If some one had lost a baby (cot death etc) they would have been treated different but thats NOT fair.Because you have also suffered the same pain n hurt as those :friends: They had no right to treat you the way they did n im sorry you had to experience that makes you sooo :growlmad:

That's why I'm truely hoping the next bit works out the same for u babe,I want u to b pm'in me with a test in 3 weeks like I was to u.have u still got ur feet up Hun,make sure u rest plenty until the bleeding subsides xx

Sorry you were treated that way, as if you haven't got enough to cope with, how insensitive :growlmad:

When I went to A&E bleeding heavily I lay there for 7 hours listening to the staff on the station right by my bed moaning about the amount of pregnant women that were in that night. One of them said "they shouldn't even make pregnancy tests sensitve until 10-12 weeks"!!! What a ridiculous thing to say (not least since I was right in ear shot and thought I was mc ing at the time), as if you wouldn't notice something was wrong :nope:

Take care and hope to see you back soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->