Bfn *sigh*

Gem26

Reaction score
Hey ladies feel soo sad :& bummed out! Even had day off work its that bad! So I have a condition called panhypopituarism and basically I don't have normal cycles or periods etc. On a whim I bought some preseed, have only used it twice but all this week I've felt AF pains and had backache, I'd convinced myself I was pregnant! But all I.keep getting is Bfn! I've had creamy discharge too and sensitive nipples. Up.until.last night I'd been getting clearblue. But once I'd heard about frer I.got.some, I.even.did.it at 345 as it was my first wee! I was positive I was gonna see 2 lines but no.just one do you think.there's a chance I could still be pregnant? Also ive tried too book a blood test @ docs but aparently they dont do them :( Any advice be.appreciated xxxx

It depends how long it's been since you Ovulated, do you chart your cycles & use OPK's at all? This would help you to figure out when you ovulate. If you BD'ed around the time you ovulated, there is a possibility...it depends how long it's been, because some people don't get BFPs until later on in their cycles, so there could be a chance that you are one of those people. The hormone that the tests detect, that would give you a BFP, only starts to generate once the egg has implanted in your uterine lining, & the placenta starts to develop. Implantation can happen early on, or later on, in a cycle. Plus, once the hormone is generated, sometimes it starts out so faint that it can't be detected on the tests right away, so you would get a BFN even if you're pregnant. It then doubles about every 2 days, so with the increase in the hormone, your chances of getting a BFP increase every 2 days or so. With your cycles not being "normal" it is hard to say when you should test unless you know for sure when you ovulate, since a lot of people gage it by when they are due to get AF, or if they are late. But if you know when you ovulated, that would make it easier to tell!

I have no idea, if/when I ovulate or if I did. Its so frustrating and hard too tell! Its only coz ive been having these symptons ive thought ive been preg! Ive took several tests all BFN :( but i dont understand why I'd have the symptoms? Dont chart or opk just try to bd every other day xx

I know it must be so frustrating, but have faith that time will tell and all will be revealed! Maybe you should test about 10 to 14 days after you last BD'ed, that way you won't be disappointed with each BFN, & by that time you should be able to have a better chance of getting a BFP if you ARE pregnant. As for detecting your O, have you thought of using OPK's if you're TTC? You can get really cheap ones by WONFO on Amazon, & they should give you a better idea each month of when you're about to O, and when to BD. That, plus keeping track of your CM and any other O signs you might have, could give you a fairly accurate idea of when you O! :) I will keep my fingers crossed for you though, & please keep us posted! That's crazy that they won't do a blood test? Maybe call another place? Are you in the US, because they definitely will do bloodtests at most places in the States, as far as I know...

I have opks! Just not used any as yet. No im in the UK but am gonna go docs later and demand a blood test!! Do you think my symptoms are pregnancy related or could it be in my head ? xx Are you ttc? xxx

Definitely demand a blood test, explain your situation & the fact that you have irregular cycles, that should be an incentive for them to do a blood test. As for your symptoms, it is SO hard to tell, since everyone is different...some people have ZERO early pregnancy symptoms, while others have a whole bunch, & some people only have a couple. They could definitely be signs of early pregnancy, especially if it's different from what you are used to experiencing. But I don't want to get your hopes up, since you just never know! I have one little girl, & when I was pregnant with her, my 1st clue was that I got a really sore throat & a runny nose, like I was getting sick, but I wasn't feeling sick at all. Apparently the hormones were causing blood vessels to swell, which made my throat hurt & made be congested! Weird symptom! However, I am the only one of my friends who experienced that as an early pregnancy symptom. Another of my friends had NO symptoms at all, & thought she wasn't pregnant. It's different for everyone! You could be pregnant if you BD every 2 days, used preseed, etc. :) Are you trying for your 1st? Oh, you asked if I'm TTC...I am! My little one just turned 2, & I figure it's time to think about giving her a sibling, since I want them to be relatively close in age. :) We just started trying a few months ago, (I had a chemical the 1st cycle, so we took a month off after that, & now we're trying again). :D

PS, on Fertility friend, it says that 22% of people experience creamy CM in early pregnancy. :) If you want to chart, Fertility Friend is a great place to start! And it's also a great place to get encouragement from others in the same boat...A lot of women on there have irregular cycles. My cycles are irregular & I have a short Luteal Phase, but by charting & using OPK's I was able to conceive my daughter the 1st month we really started trying, so there is lots of hope! :D

So far in symptoms ive had, AF pains but no AF, backache, very tired, headaches. creamy CM, Fullness of breasts, sensitive nipples. Yes trying for our 1st, its funny cos i kid myself into thinking it doesnt matter if im not, but then when I test and see one line, it breaks my heart. Guess thats juts the way of it. DP thinks im crazy. Oooh good luck hunny hope you get your BFP XX

I know just how you feel! I always psych myself up to test, thinking it's okay if it's negative, there's always next month, no big deal...but then we're always thinking that with the hope that it will be positive & there won't have to be a "Next Month". It's hard! Your symptoms sound good though! The cramping & back ache with no AF, that's a good one...that could be due to implantation. I had that with my pregnancy, early on. Do you get any sharp little ripping feelings, or twinges? That was what I felt, along with the cramps and backache, during implantation. Implantation can happen around 7 to 10 days after you ovulate, so that might give you an idea. For me, it happened around 8 days after O. If it is implantation, you probably wouldn't get a positive pregnancy test right now anyway, since the hormone that would make the test positive only is generated *after* implantation. In the next few days, you should have a better idea, or hopefully you'll be able to get that blood test! Fingers crossed! :D

Yeah ive had af cramping and backache for the last week, yeah getting twinges too! Gonna try my best too get this blood test, if not when should i test again? xx

Honestly, If it were me, I wouldn't be able to wait & I'd probably keep testing just about every day until I either got a positive or until AF showed up, lol, but I just have no patience, & doing that would probably drive you nuts! If you can, maybe just test every 2 days or so, since that's how long it takes the pregnancy hormone that the tests pick up to double, enough to be detected and show up as a positive. It's so hard, since you don't know when you Ovulated, but if you can sort of guess about that, then try to calculate about 10 to 14 days from that time, & start testing around then, because there's a better chance that the egg would have implanted by then, & a better chance of you getting a BFP. Just my advice though, I know it's so hard to wait when you just want to know & you have such hope! :) I am going to send positive vibes your way & hope that they'll give you a blood test so you can find out either way, soon!

:hugs: Thankyou so much, deffo gonna beg for this test! If not then ill test every few days, even if im not, theres always april :happydance::cloud9: my apt with docs is at 5 so ill keep you updated xxx

Great! I am in the 2 week wait now, ugh, it is LONG! But I feel the same as you...hoping for the best, but optimistic about the next month even if it doesn't happen this time around. I'm hopeful for you though, seeing as how you have so many symptoms...definitely keep me posted!

Ooooh your in the tww? What u using? I decided too cancel my drs apt as I figured they wouldnt let me have one anyway, really weird as my symptoms have died down now :cry:

Do you mean for pregnancy tests? I just use the wonfo cheap ones, I buy them in a pack with the OPK's, & they are so cheap that I can easily take a pregnancy test every day if I want to during a cycle, (not that I'd need to, but you know what I mean)...they are cheap enough to waste, & very sensitive. I used one at only 8 DPO with my daughter & it gave me a BFP! If I get a positive with those, then I would go out and buy a First Response, just to confirm it before going in for a blood test. I wouldn't count yourself out just yet...the symptoms definitely came & went when I was PG with my little girl, it had me guessing for a while, wondering if AF was coming, or if I was PG, or if I was just imagining the whole thing!

Not sure how much exactly this relates to you but I have been having hope that I may be preggers due to my symptoms but every test I've had has been negative & AF just isn't coming even after a week & half (I'm usually clockwork).. grrr!

Anyways, I did ring up the doctors asking for a blood test which they didn't want me to have but they scheduled me into seeing a nurse, which I did. It was a bit of a waste of time because all she did was a urine that showed a BFN (double grrr) again even though I told her that's what would happen.

Good thing is that she then said I should see a doctor so I set my appoint up, go to see her & she is pretty convinced I've got a cyst - gutted & crushed! :growlmad:

Now I get my blood test ¬.¬

And a scan, just not the one I was hoping for, just to confirm whether it is a cyst or not.

Good luck!

Hi! Just wondering how things are going? Any news? :D

Wooohooo! Congrats lala, that's amazing news ;D Not sure where Gem is, but I'm definitely not pregnant.

Got AF 3 weeks late (she is cruel) and my blood came out negative. Just waiting on a scan to confirm whether I have a cyst or not.

So far I've invested in a NutriBlast to get healthier, preseed to get more swimmers & now I impulsively decided to get acupuncture!

Best of luck & wish you an awesome 9 months :D

Wooohooo! Congrats lala, that's amazing news ;D Not sure where Gem is, but I'm definitely not pregnant.

Got AF 3 weeks late (she is cruel) and my blood came out negative. Just waiting on a scan to confirm whether I have a cyst or not.

So far I've invested in a NutriBlast to get healthier, preseed to get more swimmers & now I impulsively decided to get acupuncture!

Best of luck & wish you an awesome 9 months :D

Thank you so much! Aw, sorry that it didn't happen for you this month, but your time will come! And it will be worth the wait. :) Exciting about the acupuncture...a friend of mine had been trying for nearly a year with no luck, & she started going to acupuncture & became pregnant almost right away! She went to one that specialized in fertility though...she even brought in her chart from FF, so they could individualize her sessions. Keep us posted, & GOOD LUCK!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"