BFP 11dpo what do you think?

Lana Farrell

Have1 boy,expecting twins
Reaction score
Can't see how to attach pic on here. Anyone know how to?

I have a faint line in test window of superdrug early test. Wanted to know if others did before af due? And are these tests trustworthy? I saw the postive around 6 minutes after doing test but instructions say don't read after mins?!?

I don't wanna get too excited but part of me is!

If u go to the full website, there will be a paperclip 📎 symbol. That's how u add a pic

Also I've never seen an evap with a superdrug test. They're pretty reliable x

Thank you :)

I'm a little concerned also as I'm having some brown and red spotting on and off for about 5 days so far. Also have sharp pains.
And Sod's law I have a lap operation literally next Wednesday ! I don't know what the hell to do right now.

I can't see the paper clip just website link options and font :-/ maybe I'm just being silly, or because I'm using mobile?

image.jpg

11dpo pic superdrug test morning urine read result at 6minutes

Do you think it's possible to get a blood hcg test at my GPs and get results before Wednesday?
I have a laparoscopy on that day next week! Panicking. Have been waiting long for this op

Worth phoning up and asking, just explain the situation & see what they say x

One other thing bothering me is instructions say ignore any readings after 5 minutes. I read mine at 6. Does this mean what I'm seeing is false?
It's still positive now also

I have had hCG results come back the same day, late in the evening, so I definitely think it is possible.

I am assuming they will cancel the lap if you are pregnant, right? I would personally tell them right away. Maybe if you remind them that you are booked for a surgery, that will get the ball rolling and they will even do a stat hCG (I've had these come back in a few hours)

Most tests say read within 5 minutes but discard after 10 as it can take a while to appear :flower:

Thanks for advise ladies, I need to hear it as I'm all wobbly at the moment.
Just called GPs and have an appointment for this evening, and I'm really hoping they can either do a blood hcg test there or at least arrange for one. It's good to know these blood results can come back fast.
I'm assuming the blood test is even more accurate and concrete than a sensitive home urine test?

So regarding the time limit, I would absolutely count a line that came up at 6 minutes as positive, even if the time limit was officially 5 minutes. There's a huge difference between that and reading a test four hours later, in which it is very possible that there could be an evap line (ie a line shows even though there is no pregnancy hormone). Very early on in ALL of my pregnancies, it would take about an hour before the line would show. That's always how my BFPs started. Then, test after test, the line would start to show up sooner and sooner until it was under the time limit.

I have only had one instance where a test that was totally negative under the time limit, at the time limit, and still negative an hour after the time limit, spontaneously got a line at 4-5 hours after the time limit. It was a dollar store test.

As far as the blood test, yes. The blood hCG will always be higher than the urine hCG level, because hCG shows up in the urine after the blood has been filtered through the kidneys. There are some really sensitive hCG urine tests though, so it depends on what you are using. The threshold for pregnancy is blood hCG ~ 5 mIU/mL. A First Response Early Result (FRER) can detect urine hCG at 6.33 mIU/mL. So in that sense, no, the blood test is not THAT much more sensitive. But the important point is that if your urine concentration is 6-7 mIU/mL and you've got a positive FRER, your blood test will definitely be positive, and the level will be a little bit higher in your blood.

I'd kill for a line like that at 11dpo. It looks great! I would count anything that came up before 10 minutes as a positive result, especially if it has color and is a thick, consistent line. You can always test again to be sure but it looks really good to me.

Good luck and keep us posted!

That's a great line! The ladies are right about the sensitivity of FRER. My blood HCG was 24 at 10 DPO and FRER picked up a line at 8 DPO. If you're worried about the validity of the test take another one.

HCG usually comes back the same day. Mine got delayed because of the weekend. They can get 1 or 2 blood draws between now and Wednesday for sure.

I hope this is good news for you! Congratulations!

Trying to keep calm but not doing very well. So excited right now. Thank you for all the advise again.

My test was a 10iu/l sensitivity so quite sensitive. Really hope doctor doesn't think I'm mad because my period isn't due for 3 more days now and Iv been testing. Most of all I hope they arrange these tests and they come back before Wednesday (and POSITIVE)
Thank you ladies for reassuring me.

I'm still getting some brown/red spotting at the moment and weird stabby cramps but not too concerned as had this with my first pregnancy.
I will do my own test again tomorrow and see if result is any clearer.
Can't believe this may actually be happening.

I spotted during the TWW, and even after my BFP. In fact, I have been spotting this whole pregnancy and baby is doing just fine. I was going to ask you when you're planning on testing again--can't wait to see the next test!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->