BFP after 15 cycles and Unexplained Infertility

SMandel22

Reaction score
Hello there!!!

I can't believe I finally get to post here. I've only been stalking the site for the past 2 years waiting for it to be my turn, lol. My husband and I have been trying for 15 cycles and not a single positive that whole time. I started with using OPK's the first 3 cycles, and then switched to BBT after that. Around 6 months of no success, we decided to get hubby checked out. (I have been pregnant before, no children, so I knew everything on my end checked out.) My hubby is an avid pot smoker, so I thought that might be affecting his little guys. Turns out it didn't. His results came back perfectly normal. After a few more months with no luck, I decided to get checked out myself. It had been about 10 years since my last pregnancy, so maybe something happened in the meantime. I did all the blood work, charting and such, and all that came back fine. I was definitely ovulating, with fairly regular cycles (27-32 days) So we moved on to an HSG. That too came back normal and we were told it's unexplained infertility and to pretty much just keep trying and hope for the best. At this point we decided to stop trying sooo hard and back off a little. I stopped temping, no more peeing on sticks, no more symptom spotting. None of it. I ended up enrolling back in school and we made travel plans. Well....after about 3 months of no longer temping and being obsessed, we conceived. I am 4 weeks, 6 days today.

As I'm sure you've heard a million times, I didn't think I was pregnant this cycle and was convinced AF was on her way. My boobs get sore every month about a week before AF shows. Give or take a day. This cycle, they got sore immediately after ovulation. This had happened once before with no pregnancy, so I didn't think too much about it. AF was due on Saturday, and low and behold, the cramps started. I was convinced AF was right around the corner and stocked my purse with tampons. Sunday came and went with the same thing. Cramps but no AF. Same with Monday and Tuesday. The cramps were the same exact cramps I would get before AF, but less severe. They were very light/dull. So Tuesday night I told myself that if AF didn't show in the middle of the night I would test in the morning. I happened to have one last digital sitting in the cabinet. Morning came and I did a quick check down there and was really wet. I got up to go put in a tampon thinking it was blood, but it wasn't. So I took the test and well.....the rest is history. I went running into the other room calling my husband's name and shoved the test in his face. (I swear, I had all these cute little ideas on how to tell him but I was just too freaking excited!!) We embraced, we cried and then we laughed. It was the best moment of my life so far.

Today I'm feeling good. I did have a small dizzy spell yesterday, but it passed. I see my dr at 1:00 for a blood test to confirm and to chat.

I still can't believe it's happening. Finally. And ladies, never stop trying!!! Definitely try to take a more relaxed approach to it, but never miss that fertile window!!! You just never know when it will happen. Hubby and I only BD'd twice during my fertile window this cycle.

I think I have seen you before on some thread on bnb. I am very happy to know that you got your much awaited BFP. Hearty congratulation to you. Enjoy it. :flower::hugs:

Congratulations on getting your BFP! :)

I think I have seen you before on some thread on bnb. I am very happy to know that you got your much awaited BFP. Hearty congratulation to you. Enjoy it. :flower::hugs:

It's very possible!! But I haven't been on this site in probably about a year. After a few months of no luck it became too depressing. And I was becoming addicted, lol. Best of luck to you on TTC!!

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Congrats! <3 Wishing you a very healthy pregnancy and an even healthier baby.

Congratulations sweetie <3. I wish you a H&H 9 months! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"